Talk

Advanced search

I AM OBSESSED!

(31 Posts)
dontticklethetoad Thu 27-Sep-18 00:04:12

With my new rescue cats!

I was pretty excited about getting them but didn't realise I would feel like this. I have the same feeling as when I brought my real babies home.
I can't stop looking at them and cuddling them, thankfully they are total soppy lap cats and very obliging grin

OP’s posts: |
QueenArseClangers Thu 27-Sep-18 00:33:19

Ahem. Pictures please! smile

dontticklethetoad Thu 27-Sep-18 00:41:57

Oh, my bad! Hang on!

dontticklethetoad Thu 27-Sep-18 00:43:46

They are not spring chickens, but do luffs them smile

MrsPawsitive Thu 27-Sep-18 01:08:07

Gorgeous! They look like two most excellent companions!

pinkgirl1234 Thu 27-Sep-18 01:09:47

Oh they're absolute darlings. smile

dontticklethetoad Thu 27-Sep-18 01:12:38

We have only had them a week and they have made themselves right at home.

Charlottesshoezzzz Thu 27-Sep-18 02:00:18

Enjoy this beautiful time .... you seem like a natural cat mom by the way 💕 x

Vinorosso74 Thu 27-Sep-18 08:49:28

Beautiful cats. How old are they? Looks like the tabby has a certain air about her/him!

QueenArseClangers Thu 27-Sep-18 09:19:12

Oooooh, they’re beauties!

Toddlerteaplease Thu 27-Sep-18 10:06:44

They are gorgeous. What are their names. Well done for choosing older cats.

Lynne1Cat Thu 27-Sep-18 10:44:04

Gorgeous! Nice to see adult cats being taken in, as so many people only ever want kittens. All my cats (several over the past 28 years) were rescues, and only 1 was a kitten.

Enjoy your furry babies

dontticklethetoad Thu 27-Sep-18 12:58:49

I couldnt cope with all the curtain climbing etc that comes with kittens. We have primary aged children, so was quite tricky finding adult cats that could live with us as CPL particularly are reluctant to rehome to homes with young children. Fortunately these two were used to them.

The tabby is Margot and the black one is Ralph. They are brother and sister (although it wasn't clear if they were from the same litter) and they are 7.

Toddlerteaplease Thu 27-Sep-18 18:23:37

Margot looks extremely smug!

Thirtyrock39 Fri 28-Sep-18 07:54:30

I'm the same with my new rescue cat. Every time I see her I have to sing 'the most beautiful cat in the world' in a ridiculous voice that of which I would have cringed at using on my own tiny babies ! Luckily the kids are just as obsessed with the cat

WomanAKAAdultHumanFemale Fri 28-Sep-18 07:55:54

Adorable!

Allergictoironing Fri 28-Sep-18 09:16:28

Nearly 2.5 years in and I'm STILL obsessed with my cats grin

dontticklethetoad Fri 28-Sep-18 10:13:26

Turns out my husband is also obsessed.
No cats in the bedroom, no cats on the bed, he said.
What do I see when I come out of the bathroom last night? DH with Margot (looking even more smug than usual) snuggled up next to him in bed grin

I did have to shut them out in the end, they were playing silly buggers under the bed.

dontticklethetoad Fri 28-Sep-18 10:14:38

Today Ralph is man-spreading and furring up my carpet.

Toddlerteaplease Fri 28-Sep-18 12:42:32

I have become a fully fledged crazy cat lady since getting my girls. I am completely obsessed with them!

Orangelover Sat 29-Sep-18 14:03:24

Another crazy cat person here. Obsessed with my boy tabby ever since he arrived. I spend so much less money since I got him because on my days off I don't go out anymore I just cuddle my baby!!!!

sweetkitty Sat 29-Sep-18 18:40:14

Ive been a crazy cat lady most of my life. Our latest two are 4 months old both rescue kittens both utterly mad but adorable, they’ve got us totally wrapped round our finger.

I had originally wanted 2 ginger boys, the litter was one champagne boy, 3 tortie girls and a black girls. I went thinking the boy and the black girl but this one tortie girl just looked at me. Needless to say she is now a fiesty wee madam ruling the house

Sunflower81 Mon 01-Oct-18 09:59:18

I am definitely obsessed with our new cat- a very gorgeous and friendly black and white 6 month old.
Going through an extremely tough time at the moment and he's bought so much joy into the house - he sits on my knee as soon as I sit down and I only wish I'd for him sooner!

dontticklethetoad Mon 01-Oct-18 22:47:31

Sunflower81 same, I don't know why we waited so long.

Papergirl1968 Tue 02-Oct-18 08:57:21

Ahh, but then you wouldn’t have had those particular cats, Op and Sunflower.
I often think it was fate that we ended up wth our boy. We were going on holiday and said we’d get a kitten when we got back. We liked the look of Matt on the local RSPCA website but sadly he was reserved. When we got back, we saw he was available again, and we later found out the original match had fallen through. We picked him up two days later and he is the best boy ever!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in