Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone had any experience with this?

(8 Posts)
yawning801 Thu 30-Aug-18 16:52:05

DCat got into a fight last Tuesday night, to cut a long story short she has a bite wound on her neck which we treated with antibiotics. Ever since the fight she hasn't been shutting her right eye, and the vet thought it was conjunctivitis. Apparently not - she's lost the ability to blink that eye! They won't tell us any more until the ophthalmologist rings them back tomorrow, but I just wondered if anyone else has had any experience with this sort of thing. They don't think she is blind or brain damaged as she is showing no signs of this apart from the lack of blinking, but I found another tiny puncture wound just below her ear on that side which could possibly be connected? Any advice gratefully received.

OP’s posts: |
ScreamingValenta Thu 30-Aug-18 20:22:24

No advice but bumping for you and your poor cat flowers.

OnTopOfSpaghetti Thu 30-Aug-18 20:27:05

Aw poor puss. Has the vet had a really good look in the eye? They can use drops which put a dye in the eye to see more clearly, and work out if the eyeball has been punctured.
Girl cat had her eye closed a while back, the vet found a thorn in her eye! We were so lucky, they were able to remove it and she recovered with the help of some antibiotic drops.
Hope your DCat recovers quicklythanks

yawning801 Thu 30-Aug-18 21:13:53

Thanks Screaming

Spaghetti DCat is very feisty so I don't think they'd be willing to risk much more, but they had a look at the back of her eye and it looked all fine. Glad your DCat is better!

OnTopOfSpaghetti Fri 31-Aug-18 11:37:49

Any news?

yawning801 Fri 31-Aug-18 11:43:04

Nothing yet Spaghetti, still waiting for vet to ring us. I did look at Dr. Google and found Horner's Syndrome which sounds very like DCat though, it generally sorts itself out over time. I am not a vet by any stretch of the imagination though, so hopefully we'll hear something soon!

OnTopOfSpaghetti Fri 31-Aug-18 16:58:41

I hope you have had some good news by nowthanks

yawning801 Sat 01-Sep-18 17:51:57

I completely forgot to update! She's having anti-inflammatory eye drops and tablets for a week, then they'll most likely suture her eyelids together for a month! Not entirely sure what the reasoning is behind it!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in