Talk

Advanced search

Obedient cat

(17 Posts)
CatchingBabies Mon 27-Aug-18 21:35:14

Had to show off my well trained and very obedient cat. She’s not allowed on the kitchen worktops, she knows she not allowed on them and jumps down when she sees me coming. I’ve just found her like this, 18 months of reinforcing the rules is clearly time well spent.

OP’s posts: |
Toddlerteaplease Mon 27-Aug-18 21:52:18

gringringrin

Vinorosso74 Mon 27-Aug-18 22:04:18

Looks like she'd been studying your cookbook. Perhaps deciding what she would like for dinner tomorrow?
I don't have a photo but I recently caught our lad stretched out on his back, legs akimbo on our kitchen table. He was most put out when I moved him.

SilverHairedCat Mon 27-Aug-18 22:06:13

Hmm. My cat's recall is more consistent than my dog's.

Just saying.

AveABanana Mon 27-Aug-18 22:07:29

That's a "what's your problem?" look.

JurassicGirl Mon 27-Aug-18 22:10:55

My boy being rudely awoken from his nap on the kitchen table (he's not allowed on the table!)

Toddlerteaplease Mon 27-Aug-18 22:32:05

Mine have stubby little legs so have never climbed onto the unit. (Smug face)

batshitbetty Mon 27-Aug-18 23:24:16

Ours are also not allowed on the kitchen surfaces, and won't break the rules 😂

CatchingBabies Tue 28-Aug-18 01:25:21

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one with naughty cats. My cats are continuing to spin the ‘cats can’t be trained’ lie but if they can work out how to open a cupboard and then knock the tin containing the dreamies onto the floor so it opens and THEN rip the packet open and eat them all then they can learn to stay off a kitchen counter surely! It’s true what they say you don’t own a cat you serve it. 😂

OP’s posts: |
Want2beme Tue 28-Aug-18 10:30:00

An old photo, but evidence, nonethlesshmm

JurassicGirl Tue 28-Aug-18 13:32:10

Omg want your lovely cat looks like one of mine!

Gorgeous! 😻

Want2beme Tue 28-Aug-18 14:26:34

Jurassic, don't tell me there's another one out there?! I can only handle one!grin

4 poor little birds, so far this week. All brought inside, of courseshock Is yours a hunter? Every other cat I've had haven't been hunters. I've had some adjusting to do.

Love your floof's little white whisp. Tuxedos are my absolute weaknesssmile

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 28-Aug-18 16:06:01

I gave up pretty quickly. He comes in precisely 10 minutes after being called so he's got his good points.

JurassicGirl Tue 28-Aug-18 17:47:15

No want mine girl isn't a hunter thankfully but she does sometimes bring slugs & spiders in on her coat - yuk!

She's very timid & sleeps outside all day unless it's really cold (she's not fussed about the rain) but as soon as the kids go to bed she's in & curled up next to me smile

She's 15 now & utterly fabulous grin

Ski37 Wed 29-Aug-18 03:36:51

My cat knows he isn’t allowed on the counters - at least whilst I’m there anyway. Despite this I came downstairs one morning after a particularly rainy night to find little muddy footprints absolutely everywhere - and cat curled up on the floor looking like butter wouldn’t melt- busted!

Vitalogy Wed 29-Aug-18 03:47:17

Ha, obedient cat, nah, don't exist do they confused They just fool you for a while to make you think you've won. Cat here does the same thing on my bed!

POPholditdown Wed 29-Aug-18 04:24:54

Haha look at her face. She knows she’s in trouble but it’s worth it.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in