Talk

Advanced search

Quick advice please-vet or not?

(4 Posts)
SagelyNodding Fri 17-Aug-18 14:30:19

My 14yo tabby girl has apparently had a fight with the neighbours cat while I was out this morning-came home to fur all over the floor. He gets in through a first floor window but hadn't done it for ages, so I thought it would be OK to leave it open blush Her ear is torn at the tip, no fresh blood, clean looking scab already and no other injuries. She seems fine and is busy doing surveillance activities... So, can I just disinfect the wound myself? She took a chunk out of the vet at our last visit so I don't want to put her through the stress unless really necessary.

OP’s posts: |
thecatneuterer Fri 17-Aug-18 14:47:12

Yes you can clean it (but don't use any disinfectants! - they are poisonous to cats) and keep an eye on it. I would use warm, salty water to clean. It's probably less dangerous than a bite in the usual places, but certainly keep an eye on it.

Toddlerteaplease Fri 17-Aug-18 14:57:17

My cat has one. I think her sister did it as they were fighting because of a strange cat in the garden. I just left it alone.

SagelyNodding Fri 17-Aug-18 14:58:24

Oh that's brilliant, thank you! She didn't like it much, but now at least I feel the wound has been cleaned... At any sign of fever or infection I will take her to see her nemesis (vet)

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in