Talk

Advanced search

Elderly cat

(7 Posts)
littlebillie Fri 13-Jul-18 16:17:16

Well they think it's skin cancer as I went about a patch on her stomach. Antibiotic for a week and then what?

OP’s posts: |
DaffodilPower Fri 13-Jul-18 15:34:45

One of my 14yo DC does this, she's a rescue, and will howl at random times.

I think she's deaf, or at least hard of hearing - she doesn't hear me when I come home and when I'm in the kitchen in the morning it takes a minute for her to realise (she looks in the living room first).

She does settle at night but I have to go to her (she sleeps in the bedroom but goes downstairs and yowls) - perhaps also dementia?

Does your girl have company? I have her brother, too, but it seems to make no difference!

littlebillie Wed 11-Jul-18 22:21:40

Just been reading up, I think it is dementia the grooming isn't good and she just starts howling in the night even if we are in the room.

ifonly4 Wed 11-Jul-18 10:44:37

I echo viccat's post, and thinking along the lines of hyperthyroidism, ckd or dementia.

littlebillie Tue 10-Jul-18 14:41:09

I need to take her this week so I'll check thank you

viccat Tue 10-Jul-18 08:10:39

When did she last have a senior health check and blood & urine tests at the vet's? It can sometimes be a symptom of hyperthyroidism or kidney disease, both common at that age anyway. Have you noticed any other changes?

They can also get kitty dementia - if you go to her or call her name, does she settle?

littlebillie Tue 10-Jul-18 05:16:29

My 15 yo cat has randomly started howling wi. The middle of the night, no change to routine and she can sleep in our room any time. 4am this morning and she woke me up and I'm still here 🙄

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in