Talk

Advanced search

Cat not eating anything, and being aggressive around mine and DDs food

(10 Posts)
CatLadyToddlerMother Sat 30-Jun-18 10:29:41

Posted a few months ago after my marriage broke down about my cat not eating.

Well it's happening again. She wouldn't eat any wet food (tried Lidl, Aldi, Morrisons, Tesco, Asda, M+S, Whiskas and Felix she refused to eat any of them) so was advised by vet to switch to dry food. Have recently tried samples of James Well Beloved and Royal Canin for Cats and she wouldn't even try them.

Vet said to leave food for 24 hours before changing it. She's now not eaten anything for 2 days. She's drinking water fine.

But she when me or my DD eat she's started getting aggressive. She doesn't normally stay around when we're eating but is now, and is hissing at us when we eat, and is even attempting to climb on the table to then eat directly off our plate. She doesn't usually bother with our food at all and if I put it in her bowl she'll turn her nose up and walk away.

I've switched her to using a saucer of mine as she wouldn't eat out of a normal cat bowl but it's still not making her eat. She wants it off our plates. I thought the weather was the problem so was getting up earlier and leaving it until later when it's cooler to feed her but she still won't eat it!

Why?? And what can I do to get her eating her own food again?

24 hour vet line thinks as she's attempting to eat our food there's nothing wrong with her. Any suggestions on food she might eat?

OP’s posts: |
adviceonthepox Sat 30-Jun-18 10:38:39

Try a tin of tuna? My cat used to go off food in hot weather but would always eat tuna or boiled white fish!

CatLadyToddlerMother Sat 30-Jun-18 10:53:51

She doesn't like fish, at all, won't even eat fish flavoured cat food

4littlebirds Sat 30-Jun-18 11:05:18

Can you just put her out the room when you are eating.
My cat is annoyingly fussy over food. Tried lots of different brands, getting progressively more and more expensive. He hasn’t been eating as much lately, which I’m putting down to the heat.
I think ultimately he just likes variety, so I buy a few different brands and flavours for him.

HeGotManFlu Sat 30-Jun-18 11:14:16

She's being naughty, either shut her out when you eat or lay her a place at the table with some chicken or beef. smile

CatLadyToddlerMother Sat 30-Jun-18 11:53:16

place at the table with some chicken or beef

My DD would find this hilarious grin

HeGotManFlu Sat 30-Jun-18 13:12:24

youtu.be/IMibn2-TWG8

Damia Sat 30-Jun-18 13:26:38

Is she an outdoors cat? Maybe eating elsewhere? At their table even? My cats seem to prefer whiskers. Attempts to give them better quality food were not good. They do like tuna etc though

CatLadyToddlerMother Sat 30-Jun-18 14:09:39

Damia No she's indoor only

CatLadyToddlerMother Sat 30-Jun-18 23:11:16

Well that might have been the problem.

She's just spectacularly decorated my carpet in vomit, never seen so much vomit from a cat...

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in