Talk

Advanced search

Do I have the only cats that ignore boxes.

(16 Posts)
Toddlerteaplease Sat 16-Jun-18 17:21:17

Every time I get a box in the house, I leave it out for the girls to play with. Only once as Fatty ever shown any interest in one and Snorg never. I know they are rubbish at catting but surely this is odd!

OP’s posts: |
Mari098 Sat 16-Jun-18 17:25:09

No they’re not the only one....friends are forever sending me pics of their cats in boxes and mine has no interest whatsoever in them...only in snoozing grin

Roguexx Sat 16-Jun-18 17:46:00

Nope My lad has no interest in them either.... my daughter on the other hand .... lol

dementedpixie Sat 16-Jun-18 17:47:36

Mine like a shoe box to sleep in

AwkwardSquad Sat 16-Jun-18 17:48:36

Mine has very little interest in them. It’s most disappointing.

dementedpixie Sat 16-Jun-18 17:49:29

Cats in boxes

PinkSparklyPussyCat Sat 16-Jun-18 18:37:15

Harry agrees with them, boxes are boring.

He is rather partial to a carrier bag though...

Toddlerteaplease Sat 16-Jun-18 19:47:28

Fatty likes carrier bags. Trying to eat them mainly.

OP’s posts: |
Allergictoironing Sat 16-Jun-18 20:51:38

Neither of mine have any interest in boxes. Boycat did try a very large one on it's side to hide in when they were very new to the house, but stopped after he found a more cosy hiding place.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Sat 16-Jun-18 20:54:08

Harry rips them to shreds and has also gone head first into one. Mostly he just likes to sit on them thankfully.

sillyswimmer Sat 16-Jun-18 21:51:58

Mine is scared of boxes. On the very rare occasion she gets in one she'll jump out again like she's been shot.

InappropriateGavels Sun 17-Jun-18 22:39:52

Mine runs away from boxes, he's so scared of them we warn him when a "big bad box" is coming along. He goes off somewhere to hide, such as under the bed or behind the sofa. Something must have happened to him at his previous home.

Ski37 Mon 18-Jun-18 22:15:33

Mine is another one completely uninterested in boxes..... the plastic bags from inside the box on the other hand he can’t get enough of😼

Weedsnseeds1 Mon 18-Jun-18 22:39:06

Mine will sit in the occasional box, should the urge take him.
He prefers hunting and catnip though.

PositivelyPERF Mon 18-Jun-18 22:40:16

Sprinkle some catnip into them and they’ll change their minds. 😁

DeathlyPail Mon 18-Jun-18 23:09:01

Mine are quite partial to a box, even a very small box. Seeing 7.5kg of cat trying to fit in a shoe box is amusing. But plaric bags are better, we have to be really careful with packaging as no sooner have we removed our delivery from the plastic bag than daft cat is trying to fit inside, often she succeeds.

I’d quite like a cat that just snoozed

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in