Talk

Advanced search

Two cats and one catheter. What can possibly go wrong?

(18 Posts)
EachandEveryone Tue 12-Jun-18 18:40:32

Im being discharged tomorrow i cant stay in any longer. There was the complication of snipping my bladder during the hysterectomy. It was a three hour op and very complicated. My fibroids weighed over 4 kilos so although ive lost a dress size im imcredibly sore. Anyway, how to deal with this dangly thing between my legs? I know it can be strapped up but what about when i nap??

TimeIhadaNameChange Tue 12-Jun-18 19:35:49

How visible will be outside your clothes? Could you pray for an ice age so you need to wrap up warm?

Shut the cats out of whatever room you're sleeping in?

Stay in hospital (but find another cat sitter)?

Sorry, no help I'm afraid.

Toddlerteaplease Tue 12-Jun-18 19:52:16

Wear trousers and thread it down the legs. I am not sure what the issue with cats is.

LanguidLobster Tue 12-Jun-18 19:53:45

Ouch. I think you may need the health forum! No idea about catheters.

Good thing is that the op has been done. Cats will be ok if you can shuffle to their feed bowl. Hope all heals soon and you have enough food in yourself.

EachandEveryone Tue 12-Jun-18 19:54:48

Ha i think theyve they want me to go tbh. Ill need floaty frocks and lounge pants i guess.

The blinking sitter. Last time i booked her she kept texting to say as i have a lodger fo i need her? Now this time its to tell me they havent eaten the mornings wet so shes not been giving them a fresh one on the night. Never again. My lodger saw her once and she was there for 5 minutes.

EachandEveryone Tue 12-Jun-18 19:57:29

The issue with cats is threads? Or interesting yellow liquid moving in a plastic bag in a stand??

Plus the rest of it my clips etc

Loz90333 Tue 12-Jun-18 19:58:36

I have one with a valve, not one with a bag constantly connected. I tuck mine into my pants with the valve hanging down my right leg. Its short enough that its not noticeable and that people just think its something in your pocket.

Ps. word of warning be careful that the cats don't accidentally pierce through the tube of the catheter if they sit on you haha.

EachandEveryone Tue 12-Jun-18 20:18:56

Exactly!! Ill have to wear layers!

I havent had anyone going through it properly with me yet. I dont know how to change it etc. I was hoping it would all be organised so i could leave at a decent time tomorrow but these things are never quick

Loz90333 Tue 12-Jun-18 20:23:43

Don't worry you won't need to change it, the nurses will do it, I've had mine in for over a year but the district nurses change mine. There horrible I sympathise! Hopefully you won't need it for too long! smile

EachandEveryone Tue 12-Jun-18 20:37:05

I shouldnt complain i know that. It will be afew weeks til my bladder heals. Feels very strange.

YetAnotherSpartacus Tue 12-Jun-18 21:39:34

Oh Each! You have been having a stressful time. I have no advice, just flowers.

Vinorosso74 Tue 12-Jun-18 21:49:35

I bet the girls will be pleased to see you! No experience with catheter but think layers sound wise and keep the tube well out of their sight.
Glad the op is over and wishing you a speedy recovery.

EachandEveryone Tue 12-Jun-18 22:11:02

So glad its over. The lady next to
Me is cuddling a black and white cat to remind her of her babies. Bless her.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Wed 13-Jun-18 07:06:57

When I had my gallbladder out a few years ago Debenhams own brand pyjama bottoms were a life saver for me. They didn't look like pyjamas, more like yoga pants but they were a lot cheaper than the real thing and very soft, even around the waist.

DH still reminds me I went into John Lewis in my pyjamas!

TimeIhadaNameChange Wed 13-Jun-18 09:15:40

Ok, it seems safe to admit that my initial reaction to your dilemma was to have a giggle! I have no idea about catheters, how long the tube is or what, but I had a vision of you standing there with a long, thin tube swinging between your legs and your cats trying to catch it! Sorry!!!

Hope you get home soon and your cats don't feel the need to become too well acquainted with your tube!

EachandEveryone Thu 14-Jun-18 12:02:33

The little one wants rubs all the time she doesnt understand she has to
Jump up for them. The big one just climbing on me

smurfy2015 Fri 15-Jun-18 18:29:45

Hope things are a bit better @EachandEveryone I would let them crawl all over me while i lay on bed with a couple of pillows between us, it means get up close and chest loves (like skin to skin contact) but protects the attachments. Ive been completely bedbound for about a month since paramedics brought me home as had done all could be done for now in hospital so i completely empathise.

smurfy2015 Fri 15-Jun-18 18:31:02

My cat was strange with me the first few days i came home as i smelt "different" like id been in v-e-t-s probably not 10 days in hospital.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: