Talk

Advanced search

Big cleaning job - how many hours to leave cat outside for?

(8 Posts)
LanguidLobster Wed 06-Jun-18 17:37:28

Dettol, bleach and cream cleaner. I've been slowly introducing cat to the outside (have to pick her up and put her out, same for return journey) and she's adapted well.

So how many hours would you keep your cat away after cleaning? Think cream cleaner is fine, dettol less so and bleach a complete no.

OP’s posts: |
YesItsMeIDontCare Wed 06-Jun-18 17:39:03

I use the cat as an excuse for not doing a big clean. blush

LanguidLobster Wed 06-Jun-18 17:43:56

I've been doing that for too long but the flat is on the market grin. Investment only with us included, she'll get us kicked out if I don't get rid of all her little black hairs.

Actually I always imagined Leroy living in palatial conditions, he looks very regal!

YesItsMeIDontCare Wed 06-Jun-18 17:49:57

He does. It's his staff who live in squalor!!!

Can you do a room at a time, so she's only shut out of one bit iyswim?

LanguidLobster Wed 06-Jun-18 17:53:42

It's not exactly large and cat can open doors sad

I think I'll make sure she's set up outside with refreshments and give it 4 hours after the cleaning before I take her back in

YesItsMeIDontCare Wed 06-Jun-18 18:01:25

I don't think you'll need 4 hours if you rinse everything thoroughly. I tend to let Leroy back in to a room after half an hour or so, but that is floor cleaner rather than bleach.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 06-Jun-18 19:58:42

As long as it’s dry it’s ok. Unless she starts licking things.

LanguidLobster Wed 06-Jun-18 20:10:12

Actually I'm being dense, the only places I'll need to bleach are kitchen and loo.

So I'll put the loo lid down and keep her out of the kitchen until the bleach has done its job and can be washed off. Thanks!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in