Talk

Advanced search

I miss my cats so much

(8 Posts)
imagin Sun 27-May-18 19:58:43

By 'my' cats, I mean family cats who live with my parents.

I moved about 50 miles away from my hometown last year and I still miss them so much. I go back maybe once every three months due to work and other problems, but they don't seem to recognise me now sad

I want my own cat but I feel bad leaving them for 10 hours a day.

viccat Sun 27-May-18 20:17:18

Get a senior cat from a rescue! They are waiting for homes for months and months, and most are perfectly happy to snooze 10 (or 20!) hours a day while you're out.

Toddlerteaplease Sun 27-May-18 20:42:36

My Persians are more than happy to be left while I'm on a 12 hour shift. As a PP said get an older cat. It'll be fine!

EachandEveryone Mon 28-May-18 08:47:12

Can you have a catflap? I left mine at 7am and won’t see them til 9pm they are fine with each other. Infact, get two!!

Gah81 Mon 28-May-18 08:50:27

Senior cat. Rescue. Mine is a happy little 20 year old chap (got him 4 year ago) and sleeps all day every day. While also being super affectionate and purry.

We can leave him during the day and he is absolutely fine as long as we shower him with affection in the evening (which is no hardship. He is sat next to me on the bed right now, purring away, with his paws on my stomach).

Beaverhausen Mon 28-May-18 08:56:09

If you adopt a senior cat they are a lot more independent so for them 10 hrs would be nothing.

Allergictoironing Mon 28-May-18 09:41:58

Or you could get 2 senior cats, so they could keep each other company? grin

fenneltea Mon 28-May-18 09:42:45

I agree, an older cat (or two) may be suitable, or how about volunteering at a local cat rescue? Lots of kitty cuddles without the responsibility!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: