Talk

Advanced search

Found a solid mass/lump on my cat

(8 Posts)
Catlady45 Sun 06-May-18 22:58:49

Wgat the title says really. Its on her abdomen, left hand side under ribcage.

Is there any hard lumpy bits meant to be there ?

It wobbles about and my cat doesnt seem in any pain.

Should i be worried ?

OP’s posts: |
MrsCatE Mon 07-May-18 00:48:20

Sorry flowers Haven't any advice apart from need to take to vet. We all know cats hide pain well but even if non-malignant tumour, better to get advice.

thecatneuterer Mon 07-May-18 09:16:18

Cats sometimes get sebaceous cysts that present like that and are harmless, although that does seem like an odd place for them (but I'm not a vet so really what do I know!). So don't worry yourself too much, but do take her to a vet.

Catlady45 Mon 07-May-18 09:43:27

Thanks for your responses smile

I think my mums dog has a cpuple of thoses cysts. His feel 'fatty' though but im no vet.

The awful thought is i dread to think if it is worse case senario. Im on mat leave and about to go on no pay sad we dont have insurance for her as she was a neighbours cat. And tbh, anything weve needed the vet for never even came close to what the excess would be.

OP’s posts: |
lovemylover Mon 07-May-18 09:56:08

Could be a hernia maybe, or cyst, but my dog has cysts and they are hard fatty lumps
She needs too see a vet really,if a cyst it might just be left if not painful
If you have a largish bill, most vets will give you a pay plan, but you cant ignore it really

FatBallsAndSunflowerSeeds Mon 07-May-18 12:22:52

Our vets gave us interest free credit through a company.

Hope it is nothing serious OP x

lovemylover Wed 09-May-18 19:10:07

A stray cat turned up on my doorstep a few years ago,it had a hernia, vet said it looked like it had been kicked though as it was very bruised too

lovemylover Sun 13-May-18 08:00:40

How is your cat?hope all is ok and you have an answer

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in