Talk

Advanced search

Grooming brush

(7 Posts)
oxcat1 Fri 27-Apr-18 18:57:36

My two tortoiseshell girls loathe being brushed, and whine through the whole process. Unfortunately one has semi-long hair, and the other has very thick hair, so it really does need to be done, particularly at this time of year.

I'm sure that I am not hurting them, but I think perhaps it is the indignity of having something happen to them without it being their choice that upsets them? I am confused though as my previous cats adored being brushed.... although admittedly that was with a Furminator. This pair was still young when I started trying to brush them (6 months or so) so I don't think it is because they aren't used to it?

Having no luck with their first brush, I bought a Furminator replica off Amazon ({\link https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IZYDDXO/ref=cmsww_rcpp_taiii_Aj24AbWKC1PT3 this\} one) but they still moan. Is it worth biting the bullet and buying a third brush, just to have a proper Furminator?

OP’s posts: |
oxcat1 Fri 27-Apr-18 18:58:14

Oops! Link failed totally!

This is the one I have: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IZYDDXO/ref=cmsww_rcpp_taiii_Aj24AbWKC1PT3

wormery Fri 27-Apr-18 19:02:52

Would they enjoy the rubber zoom groom, out cat loved it, it gets the hair off and also massages.smile

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 27-Apr-18 19:18:54

Furminators sort of rip the hair out and are quite unpleasant for cats. As previously mentioned Zoomgroom is the nicest option.

oxcat1 Fri 27-Apr-18 19:23:30

Ok, I'll give that a try. One of them certainly loves chewing rubbery things so it should be a success on that front if nothing else!

Thanks

Toddlerteaplease Fri 27-Apr-18 19:43:34

My two love being furminated, the cheap ones are just as good as the proper ones. There is little difference. Zoom grooms are also very good. My two love that as well. Though if I do it too much their coat looks awful.

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 30-Apr-18 22:22:47

We have a rubber glove thing with “bristles” (also rubbery) on it. Madam loves it, and willingly submits to the mitt, purring madly. Just now I can get about a tennis ball of hair off every day, and yet still I need to defuzz my clothes before I leave the house.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in