Talk

Advanced search

House plants that cats won’t chew?

(5 Posts)
Sunshine49 Tue 24-Apr-18 20:54:18

If there is such a thing! I had a lovely plant in my conservatory until recently, when I discovered (thanks to this forum) that it was a dragon tree that is toxic to cats. I was wondering if there are any other, similar style of plants that are non-toxic and also unattractive to cats. My two did chew the dragon tree and pull the branches down (making them droop) quite a bit! I was thinking a citrus tree could work, as apparently cats aren’t keen on citrus, but I guess they might still chew the leaves?

Thanks for any tips as always!

OP’s posts: |
ilovemykittyy Thu 26-Apr-18 18:03:28

I'm so sorry, but this made me laugh. My cat doesn't bloody stop chewing plants, I know it's not helpful but I've got fake flowers now, she's such a pain! X

Ginkypig Thu 26-Apr-18 21:32:30

Sorry no advice all my plants are kept in the kitchen now because that's the only room she's not allowed in but if I forget that door she in there in two minutes flat chewing on them.

Sunshine49 Thu 26-Apr-18 23:15:50

Oh god! Thanks all - I did have a feeling I was asking the impossible! grin I’m going to try a citrus plant and will let you know how I get on!

OP’s posts: |
Ginkypig Fri 27-Apr-18 01:10:24

Well you should hopefully get on ok if the leaves release oil/smell because cats do not like citrus!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in