Talk

Advanced search

My cat hates all animals - help!

(6 Posts)
tinkerbellone Sat 14-Apr-18 09:18:29

Our cat is a Russian Black female- G. When collected her (she was 9mo)there were no other cats in the room, I know the women has at least five other Russian blacks.

I have fostered a cat and G detested her. She hissed and spat and wailed. She perched at the highest place at all times - on top of the door! To be above the foster cat.
We tried a 'cat pheromone' plug in diffuser. It was no use.
G attaches dogs. She is afraid of nothing. She waits and ambushes my brothers dog.
G adores my children. She is loving and enjoys company.

Why does she hate animals? We want another cat but think she will make its life a misery. Maybe another cat will upset her and I don't want to distress her.
We joke that G allows us to live in her house!

Anyone one had similar experiences and what can I do? Thank you x

OP’s posts: |
Want2beme Sat 14-Apr-18 10:19:53

In my experience, when a cat doesn't like anyone but her humans, it's best not to introduce another furry into the household. I speak from experience. I've got a cat that none of my other cats took to. They have since gone to rainbow bridge, she is still with me, and my other more recent puss, absolutely hates her, so much so, that I have to keep them separate. Its not ideal.

Here's the offending puss. Poor old sausage just wants to be loved.

tinkerbellone Sat 14-Apr-18 10:38:22

Here is our (furry hating) beautiful girl ❤️

tinkerbellone Sat 14-Apr-18 10:40:25

@Want2beme
Thank you! I'm sad because I'd love another cat. But it just wouldn't be fair x

mimibunz Sat 14-Apr-18 10:42:46

I would forget about having another puss. In fact, I’ve had to do just that myself. She doesn’t want any other animals, that’s her personality. It’s lovely that she loves your children! She’s a gorgeous girl.

Want2beme Sat 14-Apr-18 10:43:58

She looks like the boss!wink

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in