Talk

Advanced search

old cat has gone missing

(9 Posts)
comehome Wed 21-Mar-18 14:55:47

he didn't come home last night and haven't seen him since sad we've been out looking, put photos on facebook groups and rang all the vets. he's 17 so i'm so scared he's ran away to die. is there anything else i could do?

OP’s posts: |
thecatneuterer Wed 21-Mar-18 15:09:12

Knock on all the neighbours doors and ask to have a look in their gardens. It's quite possible he's feeling ill and has hidden himself away somewhere. Do you have a cat flap? How does he normally come back in?

DancesWithOtters Wed 21-Mar-18 15:11:00

Missing cat advice collated from previous posts:

Put their litter tray/bed/blanket/contents of your hoover outside so that they can follow their scent home.

Put stinky wet food around the boundary of your property.

Post on Facebook local pages, Petlog, community websites, gumtree etc with a photo, date last seen and location, and your contact details. Contacting social organisations for the elderly including church groups are often very helpful and kind.

Print posters with a photo, date last seen and location, and your contact details.

Put posters/flyers with above information through neighbours doors asking them to check sheds, garages and out buildings.

Contact all local vets, RSPCA and PDSA asking them to keep an eye out.

Go out at night when it is very quiet and still to call for them and listen. (this was what eventually brought my cat home).

Knock on doors with your flyers and put a human face to your missing cat. Neighbours are often more likely to check their sheds of help you look when you’ve spoken to them.

Want2beme Wed 21-Mar-18 21:19:09

Sorry to hear this. I hope he comes home soonflowers

essieestherson Wed 21-Mar-18 21:31:00

Hope he's home soon op thanks

DancesWithOtters Wed 21-Mar-18 21:57:07

Any news OP?

comehome Wed 21-Mar-18 23:09:10

thank you for the great advice. he is home now! he was a few streets away and someone recognised him from one of the facebook posts and got in touch. they brought him round just now. poor thing was starving so he's had loads of food and cuddles ❤️ so happy!

Want2beme Wed 21-Mar-18 23:16:03

That's great newssmile. What was he doiing there? Just hanging around?!

comehome Thu 22-Mar-18 10:34:41

i think he must of went for a walk and got lost. he never normally goes out of our street. i don't think anyone fed him though as he was so hungry when he got back so hopefully he doesn't go there again smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in