Talk

Advanced search

Fatty's eyedrops

(4 Posts)
Toddlerteaplease Wed 14-Mar-18 12:15:14

The vet thinks Fatty's sire skin is an allergic reaction to something. She's had a shot of steroids and a shot of antibiotics. She's also been given some steroid eyedrops. She's normal very very good with medication and has had eyedrops before. But she's getting very distressed with these ones. Any suggestions how to make it better?

OP’s posts: |
DancesWithOtters Wed 14-Mar-18 22:12:35

Oh poor fatty. When Tom's infection caused his third eyelids to come up he had to have drops, and I swear it was worse than getting tablets down him.

I'm afraid in the end it was a case of a firm but gentle headlock, followed immediately by telling him we were doing it out of love and then letting him lick a scrape of butter or a chunk of tuna.

He hated us for it, but it was only 5 seconds. I swear he sometimes thinks I just like to torture him for shits and giggles.

Want2beme Wed 14-Mar-18 23:18:43

It's one of the worst treatments to give, isn't it. I've no good advice. I just get hold of cat, put a bit of the eyedrop on my finger, dab it on the eye best I can and do it very quickly indeed. It's not brilliantly successful but it's better than nothing. I'm always in awe of vets when they do it.

Toddlerteaplease Thu 15-Mar-18 03:28:47

She does have them. It's just this particular one seems to really upset her. Chloramphenicol was no problem when she had that.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in