Talk

Advanced search

My beautiful kitten died today

(35 Posts)
PipLongStockings Tue 13-Mar-18 21:49:13

And it's all my fault. He's 7 months old and my world. We needed to go on the school run so called him in. Nothing so assumed he'd be I'm the woods nearby. Reversed off the drive and 3 houses up felt a bump. Looked in the rear view mirror and it was my baby. I picked him up, raced him to the vets less than 3 mins away but knew he hadn't made it. I'm absolutely fucking devastated and so are my kids. Please help me and tell me how to start processing this

LanguidLobster Tue 13-Mar-18 21:52:58

Poor little thing.

Are you burying him in the back garden? You could have a sense of occasion about it to properly mourn and lay him to earth and say goodbye.

Thehogfather Tue 13-Mar-18 21:59:27

I'm so sorry op. Nothing will help except time.

I know you want to blame yourself, and I'm not trying to minimise how much worse it makes you feel right now. But at least you know that you gave him every chance by dashing straight to the vets, and he was with you at the end. If it had been another driver a minute after you, you'd still be just as heartbroken but without the knowledge everything possible was done to save him. Cold comfort I know flowers

freakinbananaspiders Tue 13-Mar-18 22:01:06

I'm so sorry for your loss, it must have been awful but keep in mind it was just an accident. Cats Protection have lots of advice on their website and a grief line you can phone to talk to someone if you think that would help. You could also perhaps make a donation in memory if it helps.
Big hugs xx

kittensarecute Tue 13-Mar-18 22:02:04

I'm so sorry xxxx

MyRelationshipIsWeird Tue 13-Mar-18 22:05:20

Oh no, bless you Pip, please don’t blame yourself. I have done something similar and it is awful, but you must know it was an acccident and absolutely not your fault.

As others have mentioned a little ‘service’ for your DCs to say goodbye might help you all. flowers

PipLongStockings Tue 13-Mar-18 22:08:40

He was my baby, such a friendly loving cat. He used to love rubbing his nose on your nose and we called it his kisses. He was always purring and having cuddles. I miss him so much, such a huge hole where he should have still been for 15 more years!
Thank you all for your words of comfort

retirednow Tue 13-Mar-18 22:13:31

Oh goodness this has made me cry, it was a freak accident, he was obviously very cherished and loved, sending him and you my rainbow thoughts.flowers

pilates Tue 13-Mar-18 22:19:42

Omg how traumatic, so sorry for you and your family 💐

Branleuse Tue 13-Mar-18 22:23:51

oh god, im so sorry sad flowers

PipLongStockings Tue 13-Mar-18 22:24:00

Remembering Simba, taken from us too soon

PipLongStockings Tue 13-Mar-18 22:25:26

He doesn't like cars, always bolts inside when he hears one. Why did he not come in today when I called and especially when the car started

Emma198 Tue 13-Mar-18 22:27:04

Aw so sorry 😔

retirednow Tue 13-Mar-18 22:29:35

What an absolute sweetie

LanguidLobster Tue 13-Mar-18 22:45:37

He's so sweet smile

Just remember he was loved and at rest now. Unfortunately we can't explain certain things to cats (like how to use the toilet or beware of wheels).

Mine used to hide in a hedge then pounce out at me when I came back from shopping and make me scream (swear she enjoyed it), it was normally quite a quiet place but one day I was walking back, she pounced, then cars were coming from 3 angles so I held my hand up to all of them like a traffic warden probably in quite an agitated way. She follows fingers so I pointed at the pavement until she hopped onto it but it frightened me a little having 3 vehicles there (they all paused) and her scurrying around.

I was trying to say that they can be completely daft and get underfoot at times, it happens. It's really heartbreaking to lose them though.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 14-Mar-18 00:46:59

Hes beautiful. I'm so sorry. I know it's easy for me to say, but Please do not blame yourself. It's was a tragic accident.

Catinthecorner Wed 14-Mar-18 01:03:25

I have a black dog. This is literally my nightmare. I am so sorry

PipLongStockings Wed 14-Mar-18 09:20:56

I miss my baby so much. Why did this have to happen to him, the car was barely moving at any speed coming off the driveway. Why didn't he move or why did he move under the moving car

Branleuse Wed 14-Mar-18 09:55:31

oh baby :'(

((hugs))

Want2beme Wed 14-Mar-18 10:00:19

Oh Pip, I'm so sorry. Its a very sad time for you. He was a beautiful boyflowers

AmethystRaven Wed 14-Mar-18 10:04:11

It really wasn't your fault, I'm so sorry this happened to you. Do you have any stories about him you'd like to share, or is it too soon? flowers

TimeIhadaNameChange Wed 14-Mar-18 11:31:01

I am so very sorry to hear this, Pip. As everyone has said, it really wasn't your fault.

The Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

CatchingBabies Wed 14-Mar-18 11:33:42

I'm so so sorry. It wasn't for fault, it was an accident x

PipLongStockings Wed 14-Mar-18 11:43:06

Do you think he could have been so confident because we gave him so much love and play that he thought he was invincible with the cars? And he didn't know things can hurt him. And if that's the case how on earth can I go on as a profound animal lover in keeping my pets safe :-(

JugglingMummyof2 Wed 14-Mar-18 11:51:22

Oh what a beautiful boy - so sorry for your loss. He was obviously so loved flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: