Talk

Advanced search

Missing cat - Norwich

(10 Posts)
MousewreckersMum Thu 08-Mar-18 15:12:46

Mousewrecker has been missing from the NR8 area since Monday 5th March. She is half tabby half tortoiseshell and has very distinctive markings - grey stripes with a large white patch, as well as ginger and brown patches on her face and along her back. She has very striking green eyes. She has a friendly temperament but may be disoriented.

She will not wear a collar but is microchipped - she is registered with Taverham Vets on Fir Covert Road and they have been made aware that she is missing. If you see this cat please get in touch as we are very worried sad

Justonedayatatime11 Thu 08-Mar-18 16:47:59

Have you posted on lost and found cats in Norwich on fb? Maybe try some of the local rescue pages, East Norfolk RSPCA, PACT, Faith etc? Hope she comes home soon

DancesWithOtters Thu 08-Mar-18 16:52:01

She's beautiful, I hope you find her.

I say this on every bloody missing cat thread, but have you checked all tall trees around you? Our cat was stuck in a tree about 11m up for 8 days. We only found him when the windy weather died down and we heard him meowing from up high after all that time.

Want2beme Thu 08-Mar-18 21:31:10

Hope she comes home to you very soon.

DancesWithOtters Fri 09-Mar-18 08:36:49

Here's my pinned post.

Missing cat advice collated from previous posts:

Put their litter tray/bed/blanket/contents of your hoover outside so that they can follow their scent home.

Put stinky wet foot around the boundary of your property.

Post on Facebook local pages, Petlog, community websites, gumtree etc with a photo, date last seen and location, and your contact details. Contacting social organisations for the elderly including church groups are often very helpful and kind.

Print posters with a photo, date last seen and location, and your contact details.

Put posters/flyers with above information through neighbours doors asking them to check sheds, garages and out buildings.

Contact all local vets, RSPCA and PDSA asking them to keep an eye out.

Go out at night when it is very quiet and still to call for them and listen. (this was what eventually brought my cat home).

Knock on doors with your flyers and put a human face to your missing cat. Neighbours are often more likely to check their sheds of help you look when you’ve spoken to them.

MousewreckersMum Fri 09-Mar-18 10:18:10

This is all brilliant advice, thank you! Someone apparently saw her on Tuesday, not too far away. Just hoping she hasn't wandered much further.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 09-Mar-18 13:24:26

Luckily she’s quite distinctive. Good luck.

MousewreckersMum Tue 13-Mar-18 23:48:44

Still no sign of her sad

DancesWithOtters Wed 14-Mar-18 22:04:01

I'm sorry OP. I still have my fingers crossed for you. It's a fucking awful feeling. Do you have wine?

Where is NR8? I'm from Norwich, are you Drayton way?

Want2beme Wed 14-Mar-18 23:08:30

Sorry she's not home yet. She might have taken up residency with someone who thinks she's lost. Hope she's home with you soon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: