Talk

Advanced search

ASDA cat soups - What soup does your Cat CEO like?

(9 Posts)
smurfy2015 Sat 24-Feb-18 08:37:25

Honeycomb loves her soups however it can get expensive as she likes 2 - 3 sachets a day in winter time but over Feb i have been weaning her down to only 2. 1 morning and another at night with some dry food in bowl during day. She had been having gourmet some weeks if i could get it on offer, mainly whiskas and sheba soup.

I am trying the ASDA own brand cat soups this week and they seem a bit stinkyer and she is loving them - 4 in a pack for £1.20

groceries.asda.com/product/cat-food-tins-trays/asda-tiger-poultry-selection-soup/910003151749

Poultry flavour contains - 2 duck / 2 chicken
Fish flavour contains - 2 salmon / 2 tuna

What does your masters (cats) like best?

OP’s posts: |
Weedsnseeds1 Sun 25-Feb-18 17:35:07

Mine won't touch the stuff. His passion is Lick-e-lix!!

mumgointhroughtorture Sun 25-Feb-18 17:38:27

Our cat prefers the casseroles . She didnt like the soups but we tried her on the whiskas . She's on whiskas casserole now and loves those.

smurfy2015 Mon 26-Feb-18 17:00:54

Lick-e-lix was a total thumbs down here for some reason @Weedsnseeds1 But will take an occasional sachet of Felix "fun" sauce on its own

@mumgointhroughtorture I was sent a Whiskas casserole a couple of weeks back from Tesco, turned her nose up at it altogether

smurfy2015 Mon 26-Feb-18 17:02:31

Its interesting to see what cats like and what they dont and what other options are out there and i know could look on the shelf online but this is the real experiences of what the human has to provide on the orders of their CEO

Weedsnseeds1 Mon 26-Feb-18 18:25:16

Try the cat salami sticks from Lidl or Aldi ( or Webbox , which are slightly more expensive), they are generally a big hit.

ScreamingValenta Mon 26-Feb-18 18:29:01

Heinz Cream of Chicken grin. I always have to scoop one of mine out of the recycling box if there's an empty tin in there!

Fekko Mon 26-Feb-18 18:29:46

I just keep thinking catsup.

smurfy2015 Tue 27-Feb-18 09:56:33

@Weedsnseeds1 i dont have an ALDI where i live

LIDL yes, there is 2 both about 12 miles away

I'm mostly housebound so never really get out to it as the size of the basic store is too big for me to negotiate even with wheelchair (im fighting for power chair)

@ScreamingValenta im actually quite happy not having to share my food as i can eat in peace and she doesnt care, sometimes she likes to look and give a sniff and look of disgust but the exception is any bit of butter like from a baked potato, thats hers fair game. She only approaches when my plate is sit aside and ive gone to get something for afters

@Fekko I had to look up catsup - way too much tomato in it for me

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in