Talk

Advanced search

Sainsbury’s have a new grain free range have you tried it?

(22 Posts)
EachandEveryone Tue 13-Feb-18 14:44:24

It looks great and cheap! I’m going to try it today

Icequeen01 Tue 13-Feb-18 19:46:04

I've tried it with my two but sadly they don't like it and I've had to throw most of it away. So annoying as I really struggle to find something they will eat!

EachandEveryone Tue 13-Feb-18 21:19:54

My one likes the Sheba in the Blue Box. Ive bought a massive bag of the Sainsburys dry for the strays outside but i will try mine on it as well. Its a good price. They like the Sainsburys wet which i think this is its just been repackaged.

Ive tried the Sainsburys own cat litter for the first time and im impressed by it. Like Catsan but half the price.

Icequeen01 Tue 13-Feb-18 23:04:02

My two will only eat the tiny little Sheba pouches which don't seem to have more than three mouthfuls in them. They really love Encore but it's not a complete food. They are a total nightmare as they are soooo fussy!

EachandEveryone Fri 23-Feb-18 21:23:11

Well the cats really impressed! They’ve ripped Encore off but made it complete for nearly half the price. Even their own cheap as chips range has gone grain free. Only a couple of quid a box.

LanguidLobster Fri 23-Feb-18 21:44:01

Thanks OP, I'm near a Sainsburys at the weekend so will give it a whirl.

Glad your little fusspots like it!

EachandEveryone Fri 23-Feb-18 22:37:38

Yes the separate sachets and little tins are about 65p if you want to try it first. Even the one that wont eat wet food had a good go of it.

LanguidLobster Fri 23-Feb-18 22:51:46

Sounds good Each - I was quite pissed off this week as I was doing a supermarket sweep (only 3 minutes left until they closed) and power walked down the cat aisle and snatched an unfamiliar bag of dry food which proclaimed itself as 'vet endorsed' but when I looked at the packet at home it's only 20% meat sad

The Sainsburys stuff sounds a lot better, we'll try it!

EachandEveryone Sat 24-Feb-18 18:43:02

What did they think?

Megabeth Tue 27-Feb-18 20:17:04

Ive tried the Sainsburys own cat litter for the first time and im impressed by it. Like Catsan but half the price.

Thanks for this, our 6 month old boys are indoor kitties so far and we're getting through loads of Catsan!

EachandEveryone Tue 27-Feb-18 22:21:40

Yes have you got two trays? I find mine poo in one and wee in the other. I notice the litter sells out really quickly.

Megabeth Wed 28-Feb-18 13:59:27

EachandEveryone
Yes, we have two trays and just lately I've noticed they are only looking in one.

Megabeth Wed 28-Feb-18 14:03:04

pooing (predictive text)

Justonedayatatime11 Thu 08-Mar-18 13:23:28

Anyone tried the wet version?

OnlyTheDepthVaries Thu 08-Mar-18 19:39:55

Yes! My DCat is eating the new Sainsbury's wet food....and wolfing it down. It comes in 100g sachets ( much better than the 85g) so he has one of these divided into 2 meals with a handful of the biscuits. He loves it!

Icequeen01 Thu 08-Mar-18 20:41:41

My two cats don't like the new wet pouches but then they are really fussy cats. Struggle to find anything they like at the moment angry

Lokisglowstickofdestiny Thu 08-Mar-18 20:48:42

Good that it's grain free but 4% chicken, I'd like to know the other meat and animal derivative is.

EachandEveryone Fri 09-Mar-18 02:22:51

They have the posher version as well which is just like Encore.

EachandEveryone Fri 09-Mar-18 02:23:07

But complete

mollyblack Fri 09-Mar-18 22:51:45

The Delicious Recipe one from Sainsburys is 50% chicken

IntoTheFloodAgain Fri 09-Mar-18 23:00:51

I have recently put my 3 on the delicious range as I was struggling to find one that is high in meat, complete and that they would eat (I’m not trying to rhyme, honest)

They only wanted Gourmet Pate before.

The sachets are a hit, I’m glad to find a shredded meat that is complete finally.
The mousse they’re still a bit iffy on but I mush it up well until it’s almost similar to pate. They prefer this mousse to ones like Naturo etc.

They are definitely seeking out a lot less treats.

I keep worrying that the nutrients aren’t enough though, particularly in the shredded meat as those types tend to be complimentary in other brands.

EachandEveryone Fri 09-Mar-18 23:07:56

I know they do thats why its so good. Tbf Tescos do the sane thing with theres. Mine really the Sainsburys but not all the time so i alternate it with Sheba flakes. They have a good quality dry as well. Im really loving the Sainsburys litter as well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: