Talk

Advanced search

15 year old cat has blood in his poos

(6 Posts)
ThespianTendencies Mon 12-Feb-18 23:55:17

When he poos he sometimes (often) has streaks of blood in it. He seems otherwise very well, eating, drinking, coming for cuddles, romping about and sleeping as cats do. He is terrified of the vet and defacates with fear when he has to go. I havd had to call the vets out for him on occasion but he still gets so anxious so i want to avoid vets visits where possible. However, I would like to know he is OK. He doesn't seem to be in pain as when he is napping on my lap or just resting there I do palpate his tummy to check for a response and he doesn't murmer. Anyone got any advice?

Catzpyjamas Mon 12-Feb-18 23:57:46

I'm afraid he does need to see a vet. There could be several causes of blood in faeces and it needs checking out.

AjasLipstick Tue 13-Feb-18 00:00:39

Could you try a bit of olive oil in his food? Does his poo seem dry?

ThespianTendencies Tue 13-Feb-18 23:07:18

his poo seems shiny!

Want2beme Wed 14-Feb-18 00:02:13

A one off amount of blood I wouldn't be so worried about, but more than that and I'd take him to the vet. It is very distressing when they get stressed being taken, but it's the only way to get him the help he needs or even just to reassure you that all's well. Hope he's OK.

ifonly4 Wed 14-Feb-18 16:37:52

It could be something as simple as a sensitive tummy as he's getting old, but it's best to get this checked out now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now