Talk

Advanced search

Shall I sack my cat?

(12 Posts)
Viewofhedges Mon 12-Feb-18 12:04:23

Working from home today. Took cat a hot water bottle and on the way discovered another mouse in the (humane) trap. This is mouse number 8. Should I put my cat on notice?

(Obviously I would never get rid of my cat but honestly the spoilt old thing is hopeless! grin)

Snowydaysarehere Mon 12-Feb-18 12:10:48

Cat delegated mouse trapping to you op - and rightly so as you have done a smashing job with the trap!!
More than me still struggling to catch one whiskered fucker!

Want2beme Mon 12-Feb-18 12:18:22

Does cat have friends in high places? You could be on a hiding to nothing if it goes to cat tribunalgrin

YetAnotherSpartacus Mon 12-Feb-18 12:27:27

Did your cat approve of the hot water bottle? That's the main issue.

LanguidLobster Mon 12-Feb-18 12:36:41

I'll come and be your cat.

Dismiss the cat!

I wouldn't be able to do anything about the mice however I like the idea of being fetched hot water bottles and refreshments smile

Wolfiefan Mon 12-Feb-18 12:38:11

Maybe your cat is a mouse whisperer and convinces them to be trapped?! grin

Want2beme Mon 12-Feb-18 13:11:40

Wolfie could be on to something therewink

Viewofhedges Mon 12-Feb-18 13:35:13

Well cat approved of bits of tuna from my lunch, but has now buggered off to the her sofa again. I’m not sure about the hot water bottle- she looked at it with caution - but it’s freezing here today and I only heat my office during the day and I felt guilty!

I shall read her these replies and see which one she thinks is right.

Weedsnseeds1 Mon 12-Feb-18 13:42:44

Are you getting confused about exactly who is the employee here? smile

Riverside2 Mon 12-Feb-18 13:45:29

Admit it OP
you didn't read the cat job description and full contract did you?

It clearly states "does as inclined at all times - may or may not include mousing, any mousing undertaken should not be taken as indicative of future patterns".

There's isn't a tribunal in the land that wouldn't find in favour of the cat.

Want2beme Mon 12-Feb-18 13:54:52

Loving this thread.

ifonly4 Mon 12-Feb-18 15:20:29

Don't forget your meant to fall over backwards trying to keep your cat happy, if you don't get it right, try again! In return a happy cat means a happy owner!

Your poor cat is probably so proud of her mouse catching. Glad a humane trap works for you, we've spend many hours sealing areas off so mice don't get behind cupboards etc. One once got stuck under a door (we found out later the underside of the door had warped) and DH had to take door off hinges! Another time we woke up to find two cats totally focused on DD's folded pushchair - DH enjoyed the start to is birthday trying to catch a mouse! Mine's too old to even consider a mouse now, but we have fond memories!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: