Talk

Advanced search

Both kittens gone missing!! I am worried sick.

(8 Posts)
Tickety7 Sun 11-Feb-18 19:45:01

Yesterday morning we was leaving, as our taxi had arrived to take us to the train station. We had a weekend trip to London booked for our son's birthday. Both our kittens ran outside quite quickly. They are 8 months old and were only just getting used to going outside. Neither of them liked to do any longer than 20-30 mins each time. They're both really timid. We have a girl called Arya and a boy called Oliver. We couldn't find them to bring them back in, so we go in the taxi and contacted our friend that was going to come and watch/feed them while we was away. He went to our home pretty quickly. Oliver returned yesterday morning, then my friend let him out again last night and he hasn't been home since. Arya, hasn't been home since yesterday morning (since escaping). We are worried out of our minds!! We have cut our journey short and going home to see what we can do, but this is just not like them at all. My friend revealed that he had been coming and going all day. So wasn't there much to know if she had come back. I am devastated. We are returning home to no cats!! Our 10 year old son is really struggling. He is an only child and autistic. He isn't coping with it very well at all. Both kittens are neutered and microchipped. I fear they have wandered too far because my friend wasn't home to let them
In if they were hungry. Neither had collars because they could remove them.

So upset. Please hand hold.

WingsofNylon Sun 11-Feb-18 21:24:20

Oh dear. Try not to let yourself get into too much of a state. It won't help bring them back or help your son. But I understand how bad you must feel.

Start by putting some good out and put thier litter tray out too. It will help them smell home.

Then methodically search for them. Try to make sure someone is home for if the do turn up. Start calling vets and check online to make sure your chip information is correct.

I hope they both come back soon.

ChelseaDagg3r Sun 11-Feb-18 21:33:37

They'll be fine. Honest. Give it another day or so if that and both will be back

Dodie66 Mon 12-Feb-18 16:00:30

Any news? I hope they are ok
Hugs x

Tickety7 Mon 12-Feb-18 20:12:05

My little beauties are home. I am so glad.

We found out that the guy that was supposed to be watching them only came by once. So our poor kitties would have been outside because they couldn't get back in.

As soon as I got home, my Dad, DH and said "friend" went and tried to call them in. We heard them meowing, but they were scared and wouldn't come in. They stayed hidden. I then asked them to go in, I took out their food and did my usual call for them and in they came. They were just scared and needed a familiar face and the smell of food.

I am so glad they stayed in our area.

They've been out again today but have always come back after 20 mins or so and I have let them back in. So normality resumes. 😊

KarmaStar Mon 12-Feb-18 20:15:58

Great news so pleased,they must have been starving and terrified.leaving them in the 'care'of someone popping in is not a good idea at all.have someone live in or put them in a cattery in future OP.it's absolutely worth it for their safety and your peace of mind.🐱🐱🌼

Dodie66 Mon 12-Feb-18 20:27:18

I’m so pleased for you 🙂

Tickety7 Mon 12-Feb-18 21:24:35

Karma - that was the plan. He offered to look after our cats and we said it was fine as long as he agreed to stay at our house while looking after them. He didn't and betrayed our trust. They would have been terrified and starving and it breaks my heart.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: