Talk

Advanced search

Cat will only eat dried food.

(4 Posts)
Myownwendyhouse Sun 11-Feb-18 19:22:39

Evening everyone. Just wanted to ask if anyones cat does this. I have always fed him wet and dry and he has eaten both. But slowly over the last few weeks he picks at the wet food and just eat the dry. I keep having to throw away at least 3/4of a pouch of wet food. It doesn't matter what type cheap all the way up to expensive. He is still eating and drinking. Not doing anything out of the ordinary to make me think something is up. Does anyone heres cat choose to just eat dries food?

Ski37 Sun 11-Feb-18 20:33:18

Mine is like this. Since I got him from the rescue he only ever ate the jelly from wet food so I gave up and he's been on dry only without any problems. Vet said this was fine as long as he was drinking water, which he does. I was feeding him James Wellbeloved without any issues but after much googling I am now switching him over to Applaws as this seems to have a higher meat and less grain content.

Ski37 Sun 11-Feb-18 20:37:49

I will say though that after initially being a bit heavy handed with the food I now measure it out very strictly by weight.... he initially used to just graze throughout the day but gradually started to eat more and more which I understand can be an issue with dry food. He now has set meal times again and is non the worse for it 😸

Toddlerteaplease Mon 12-Feb-18 09:36:15

Mine will only eat wet food if it's given as a treat once a week. Fatty on soft diet last year was a nightmare. She just didn't eat enough!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: