Talk

Advanced search

End of an era.

(11 Posts)
pinkhousesarebest Thu 08-Feb-18 21:09:28

So the day we have dreaded for the last three years has come to pass. Dh arrive home to find our gorgeous boy dead, still warm, but dead in our lane. We always thought the road woul get him, but never out quiet country lane. He was probably trotting back happily with a mouse. The house is empty. How do we proceed from here? He was the light of our lives and I have my thirteen year old coming home from a residential tomorrow. Keep thinking it is just a dream and yet I feel so guilty saying this when he was, after all, just a cat.

slippermaiden Thu 08-Feb-18 21:13:39

Sorry for your loss. Pets become such a part of our families, it hits hard when they go. I'm sure he had a wonderful life pootling around outdoors x

BrokeAndBad Thu 08-Feb-18 21:42:45

Not just a cat. Sorry for your loss x

Vinorosso74 Thu 08-Feb-18 22:02:11

Oh no how awful I'm so sorry. They leave a huge gap when they go and it hurts. Take care of yourselves flowers

Want2beme Thu 08-Feb-18 22:46:23

That's so sad. I'm so sorry this has happened. They really steal our heartsflowers

TheLongRider Fri 09-Feb-18 00:41:37

Never just a cat. Raise a toast in his memory, give him a good burial and remember the good times. flowers

pinkhousesarebest Fri 09-Feb-18 05:38:45

Thank you, the kitchen is so empty this morning. We couldn"t sleep last night; my poor dh is devastated. I keep thinking which of our neighbours could have hit him and left him lying in the road like that. Si they o it deliberately? We are the first house in the labe and most cars would nnot have time to accelerate;.....I know this is a waste of energy but I can't syop tormenting myself.

MsHooliesCardigan Fri 09-Feb-18 09:27:05

Pets are definitely part of the family. I know my kids would be devastated if anything happened to either of our cats.
I’m really sorry for your loss flowers

Want2beme Fri 09-Feb-18 11:52:57

It's awful to think someone in your Lane may have done this, but maybe they didn't and it was someone else visiting or delivering. No consolation to you and your family, I know. You will torment yourself for a while, but you must tell yourself that he had a good life with you and wanted to be a little explorer outside. The house will seem empty but he'll always be with you. Thinking of you flowers

catlovingdoctor Fri 09-Feb-18 11:57:55

So very sorry for your loss.
Know your baby kitty had a wonderful, loved life with you.
My very best wishes x

QueenOfAccidentalDeathStares Fri 09-Feb-18 11:59:54

so sorry flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: