Talk

Advanced search

Fur on everything

(19 Posts)
Stuckinstressville Wed 07-Feb-18 10:34:33

Help! What is the best clothes brush or gadget that you have found to remove
Malting Fur Of Doom?

I seem to be constantly covered In fur from my Burmese cats despite grooming them with a furminator a few times a month!

Want to also defur sofa and new crib that they seem to be sleeping In whilst we await the new furless kitten....
help! grin

TheLongRider Wed 07-Feb-18 13:08:11

A damp hand rubbed over the surface usually works. Or a rubber glove or a lint roller. It's a constant process.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Wed 07-Feb-18 13:27:06

I've given up, I wear the cat fur with pride!

Want2beme Wed 07-Feb-18 17:32:55

Brown tape - wouldn't be without it.

MikeUniformMike Wed 07-Feb-18 17:35:51

It's moult not malt.

ToadOfSadness Wed 07-Feb-18 18:04:32

Rubber brush. Not a cat grooming one, you can buy them on Ebay.

Lint roller for the stuff that doesn't brush off. Or parcel tape.

Pet blankets when washed can be rubbed with your hand to collect most of the fur, then the rubber brush, finished off with the lint roller or tape.

Use a Zoom Groom on the cat, it will help.

MikeUniformMike Wed 07-Feb-18 18:57:14

I got a rubber brush in wilko. It's a broom type one.

Judydreamsofhorses Wed 07-Feb-18 20:54:03

Our cat is white, and I wear a lot of black. We have lint rollers in every room - I bulk buy them in Tiger and Primark - one hanging with the keys at the front door, and I keep another in my desk drawer at work. I also wear a pin on my coat which says “cat hair, don’t care”, just in case.

Silverstreaks Thu 08-Feb-18 12:19:57

Our white beauty died about six years ago and we still find the occasional white hair or whisker.

Lovely reminder.

YetAnotherSpartacus Thu 08-Feb-18 13:04:31

Dyson need to invent something you can post a cat through once a day ...

Whisperquietly Thu 08-Feb-18 13:11:20

Dyson V6 cordless animal vacuum cleaner. Great for getting fur off sofas and clothes. I regularly vacuum my DS before he goes to school!

Bluelonerose Thu 08-Feb-18 13:12:46

Whisper I thought you were telling us about a Dyson you could put the cat through grin

YetAnotherSpartacus Thu 08-Feb-18 13:14:01

Does it have a cat posting attachment?

TheLongRider Thu 08-Feb-18 14:42:54

I reckon there's a gap in the market for catflaps with a vacuum around the edge of the frame, or at least a brush that looks like the ones you get in a drive through car wash! Something to take the fur off the cat as it comes and goes through the flap.

Royalfuckup Thu 08-Feb-18 14:53:32

Not saying unless there’s a photo of said beauties...

Judydreamsofhorses Thu 08-Feb-18 22:56:33

Here she is, the hairy monster, royal

Royalfuckup Fri 09-Feb-18 05:03:04

Oh my, what a beauty! 😻

I’ve never seen a white Burmese before - she is absolutely gorgeous!

Wear her fur with pride I say. grin

(Lint rollers work a treat too. Don’t get the expensive ones, pound shop have them that work just as well)

MooseBeTimeForSnow Fri 09-Feb-18 06:15:17

This little lady will shed her winter coat shortly. I’m really looking forward to it .....

Judydreamsofhorses Fri 09-Feb-18 20:03:29

royal so sorry, I didn’t realise you just wanted pics of Burmese cats, she’s a bog standard white moggy. But a very pretty one!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: