Talk

Advanced search

Is it worth buying sterilised food?

(17 Posts)
EachandEveryone Tue 06-Feb-18 21:14:45

Im just putting my zooplus order it £48 a month i spend on food for the two of them. Is that average? Anyway, i buy Purizon Dry its 80% meat and grain free. The littke one will not touch wet. She never has since i bought her from cp when a baby. Not interested. The other one has alot both. Will sterilise benefit them as they arent going far in this weather? Its the little one i worry about overeating more. Although shes not that little!

lljkk Tue 06-Feb-18 21:31:56

Sterilising the cats or the food? confused
I spend about £4/wk per cat for food (also from Zooplus).

woodlanddreamer Tue 06-Feb-18 21:33:27

What is sterilised food?

Toddlerteaplease Tue 06-Feb-18 21:47:40

£48 a month?!! My girls cost £44 every 3-4 months on dry food.

Toddlerteaplease Tue 06-Feb-18 21:48:57

Also zoo plus. Royal Canin Persian adult.

reallyreallyreallytired Tue 06-Feb-18 21:52:14

Do you mean food for neuterd cats? Don’t bother just feed less of normal stuff!

dementedpixie Tue 06-Feb-18 21:53:44

The food is for sterilised cats I think. I just started buying thrive dry, it's 90% chicken.

EachandEveryone Tue 06-Feb-18 22:21:12

I think the thrive was too hard for them. We have had it before. Today I purchased:

Puritzon dry 2kg
Cosmo Thai wet 6 small tins
Cat Malt cream (like lik e Lix but no additives)
Box of 12 Sheba
Alma Nature we 6 small tins

The tins are complementary which I don’t mind as the get eaten usually shrimp and tuna.

I get through 2kg a month of dry don’t you all?

That was £40 and I will probably need more Sheba at the end of the month.

How much should I be spending?

This isn’t even including the strays that I need to find a decent cheap dry for I’ve been giving Harrington’s but they get through it I need to get one that’s cheaper

Qvar Tue 06-Feb-18 22:25:58

I was thinking about gut bacteria and all sorts

dementedpixie Tue 06-Feb-18 22:28:24

I get Sheba from the supermarket as it's often 2 for £8. I don't really buy the tins as my cats have refused stuff I've bought from there in the past.

EachandEveryone Tue 06-Feb-18 22:36:48

The Sheba on zooplus I don’t think we can get it here? It’s the pate type in a dark blue box? I bought it by mistake and Daphne loves it. Yeah I’m not convinced the every day brands are very good value on Zooplus,

The Cosmo tuna they both love the tins are tiny and it’s usually on offer as a starter pack.

Do you get through 2kg of dry as well?

Vinorosso74 Tue 06-Feb-18 22:51:58

I just got a Zooplus order today for the hooligan which cost £48, I think the food cost was £37-a 2kg bag of Lily's Kitchen and 24 tins of Thrive wet food. Am hoping the dry will last a couple of months.
I think it's a case of being strict on quantities to stop weight gain (easy to say I know). I'm finding it hard as dear old Coco could eat as much as she wanted but this lad would eat his own bodyweight if I let him-typical teenager always hungry!

EachandEveryone Tue 06-Feb-18 23:10:18

Yes the Thrive went down well here and then it didnt. You know what its like. Sheba is flavour of the month for now.

2kgs a month for two cats sounds about right, then?

Vinorosso74 Tue 06-Feb-18 23:20:03

I think and hope so but it depends how many extra guests you're feeding smile

EachandEveryone Tue 06-Feb-18 23:47:13

Well if that mummy cat starts barging like she did this morning it will be her plus six kittens. I notuced alot of flakes on her fur does that mean she's dehydrated?

PinkSparklyPussyCat Wed 07-Feb-18 07:06:23

I’m doing something wrong - I spend £50 - £60 a month on Harry’s food, depending if it’s on special offer! He eats better than us!

EachandEveryone Wed 07-Feb-18 15:19:45

I feel the same!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now