Talk

Advanced search

POD3 Tracker

(4 Posts)
Therewere5inthebed Sat 13-Jan-18 12:53:32

I’m looking into getting a tracker for my cat, he’s 10 months old and is not allowed out yet, but when I do let him out (it’s not possible to keep all doors and windows closed and we currently have an older indoor/outdoor cat) I want him to be as safe as possible and for me to be able to find him if he’s not home on time.

I had an awful experience with my previous cat being hit by a car and although it wouldn’t prevent this I think the not knowing where he is would be awful. I know i’m an over protective cat mum but they are so precious.

I’ve looked at various models and the POD3 seems to have the best reviews but if anyone has experience of any others it would be great to hear your thoughts.

Want2beme Sat 13-Jan-18 21:51:03

I don't have any experience of these. Let us know how you get on. It'd be interesting to have some info.

Catdogmum Sun 14-Jan-18 18:20:28

I’d be interested to know how you get on. I’ve been looking at trackers because I’m nosy interested to know where he goes all day. However, the vet told me that cats shouldn’t really wear anything round their neck as it’s something for them to catch on trees etc/when trying to escape a fight. All the trackers seem massive and I’d be worried about DCat catching it somewhere confused

QueenOfAccidentalDeathStares Tue 16-Jan-18 16:02:37

I have considered a tracker in the past. Generally speaking gps trackers are much heavier than bluetooth trackers.

How big is your cat? last time i looked, GPS trackers were only suitable for larger cats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now