Talk

Advanced search

Old girl

(9 Posts)
littlebillie Fri 12-Jan-18 14:22:24

I bought old girl a warm new bed before Christmas and she loves it. I just found her lolling in strange position and so very very still. I spoke her and only after a few calls she awoke and murmured is it normal at this age (14)

Figrollsnotfatrolls Fri 12-Jan-18 14:24:42

Maybe so cosy she zoned off to mouseville for a moment? Actually our ddog did the same yesterday, when I come in usually she is velcroddog but she opened an eye and went back to sleep . I was a bit miffed tbh!

Figrollsnotfatrolls Fri 12-Jan-18 14:24:52

Maybe so cosy she zoned off to mouseville for a moment? Actually our ddog did the same yesterday, when I come in usually she is velcroddog but she opened an eye and went back to sleep . I was a bit miffed tbh!

littlebillie Fri 12-Jan-18 14:29:39

She is so still these days she eventually gave me a purr

Toddlerteaplease Sat 13-Jan-18 12:03:45

I've switched the light in and poked mine a few times, when they are in a deep sleep.

Want2beme Sun 14-Jan-18 21:42:05

It's lovely when they disappear into a deep sleep. My old boy who died last year at 20, started to lose his hearing towards the end and he slept so deeply, it was lovely to see him so peaceful. Do you think your old girl is losing her hearing OP?

PinkSparklyPussyCat Sun 14-Jan-18 21:50:33

I do that with Harry Toddler!

ifonly4 Mon 15-Jan-18 20:23:16

I'm aware my 18 year old doesn't hear so well these days and more recently she's carried on sleeping when I'm closeby, whereas a few months ago she'd have been all over me.

QueenOfAccidentalDeathStares Tue 16-Jan-18 09:09:09

GrumpyOldCat (19.5y) sometimes goes into very deep sleep. I sometimes have to wake him to give him his pills. I sometimes have to stroke him for a while for him to wake up. He objects then forgives me as his favourite treats (with pills inside) are shoved under his nose. I also catch myself watching him to make sure he is still breathing.

When cats get older, they do sleep more and more deeply. He is also quite deaf now.

littlebillie does her ears move to locate where a noise is coming from ? this was how i first realised OldGrumpy was losing his hearing. He no longer moves his ears to "tune into" where sound is coming from.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now