Advanced search

Is your cat a whinger?

(53 Posts)
Fluffycloudland77 Wed 10-Jan-18 15:15:43

Mines doing my head in. "Merr, merr, merr" <slight pause> quieter tone of "merr, merrrrr, merr".

Dh swears dn wasn't this much trouble as a child & his dog used to just sit on the sofa or lie in its bed.

He's had roast chicken breast chopped up & three gourmet pouches so far today, how miserable can he really be?.

Figrollsnotfatrolls Wed 10-Jan-18 15:17:27

You really do need to brush up on your cat speak op..
He has obviously been complaining his meals have been arriving without gravy!

DancesWithOtters Wed 10-Jan-18 15:34:03

YES! Constantly. But his goes "Mooowwweooeeeeoooowwwwururururuhhhhh". It's so loud. It's like a howl.

It's usually when he wants fuss. He will sit between me and the tv doing it, and as soon as I look like i'm going to get up to see to him he runs to "his shoe box" and flops over onto his side for a fuss. It's adorable, but he wants it 10x a night. If I go to him and fuss him and he bites me it means it was Dreamies he was after, not fuss.

TheLuminaries Wed 10-Jan-18 15:39:52

My cat is the ultimate whingebag, especially when I am working from home and I need to concentrate. I want out, no I don't, I want a drink, maybe not, fuss me, leave me alone, I'm hungry, no I'm not. Whinge whinge whinge, I swear I will commit kittycide one day. I cannot say a word against the furry parasite as the rest of the family love her more than they do me and would totally take her side..

ooerrmissus Wed 10-Jan-18 15:48:25

Yes constantly it's generally because he wants a cuddle. He's very cuddly, it's just that it's not always convenient. I'm thinking of getting a cat sling.

Toddlerteaplease Wed 10-Jan-18 15:48:46

Mine do the occasional yowl but my friends Cat constantly whines. It's hilarious. Personally I think if he had a proper conversation with her she'd be quiet.

BluebellTheDonkey Wed 10-Jan-18 15:56:22

No, mine are both silent!shockBit of a change from old girl who would mew and mew at you.
Boy cat is sort of finding his pathetic voice after a year with us. Actually I quite like the peace!

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 10-Jan-18 16:46:16

What REALLY annoys me is the inference that he has something to complain about.

Life of Riley.

Want2beme Wed 10-Jan-18 21:52:11

One of mine is a whinge bag, always complaining and taking me to what she wants, which I admit is very helpful. Even when we're outside she doesn't stop and always want my attention. My other one is whingey, especially at bedtime when she runs around, hollering and slamming doors confused

Thehogfather Wed 10-Jan-18 22:09:01

Both mine are noisy. One has a large range of different noises, with a particularly pathetic cry when she wants something, followed by limb attacks if you get it wrong.

The other just has a very sweet meow which always means 'I want cuddles'

Toddlerteaplease Wed 10-Jan-18 22:12:28

Anyone would think think this thread was talking about human toddlers, not feline ones!!

BulletFox Wed 10-Jan-18 22:16:58

Umm...she does that chirrup thing. Then I do it back. Then she chirrups again. I do it back. Then she chirrups again.

I'm afraid it's not the most scintillating conversation...!

She raised a little paw and punched me on the shoulder recently when she wanted food, I was really surprised.

But god help anyone when she really wants to scream for anything, the wail is like a wildebeest and can probably be heard several doors down

HarrietKettleWasHere Wed 10-Jan-18 22:18:24

Yes. And they vary on severity from loud

right down to a plaintive 'i'm a little matchstick girl and I'm so poor and I'm like to die right here on this carpet. Oh! Mine hour is upon me. Here is my last pathetic mewling as I pass from this mortal coil. Goodbye cruel human. I hope the day you placed salmon Sheba and not chicken in my dish will haunt you until your dying days. Meeeeeeeeecroaaakkkkkkkk'

It's a an act to behold, it really is.

Hassled Wed 10-Jan-18 22:22:23

I had a chirruppy cat (he died last year) and it was great - I remember going out the back door as he was coming in and we had a very definite "You alright?/Fine thanks" exchange.

Now we have a teenage cat - still a kitten really - who just seems to be finding his voice. It's hard to tell what he's on about.

WetsTheVet Wed 10-Jan-18 22:23:53

God yes, my older cat is a constant grumbler. And you can't just ignore him either - try and he just gets louder and more annoying and eventually sprays something in the house angry Usually after food or wanting to go out and I've shut the window.

Strawberryshortcake40 Wed 10-Jan-18 22:25:18

Mine yowls. Loudly. All the time. He also has recently found an even better technique than yowling when he thinks its dinner time, he stands in front of me and wees on the floor. Whilst staring at me in a "F you" way.
I preferred the yowling.

CauliflowerBalti Wed 10-Jan-18 22:26:29

My boy cat only talks to the dogs. And what he says is, ‘NnnnnnnooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOooooo!’

A lot. Proper whingy voice. Regardless of whether the dogs are even listening.

My girl cat chirrups and meeps and purps. Her noises are adorable.

Solly76 Wed 10-Jan-18 22:42:09

My cat never shuts up, especially when I'm working from home. She loves to join in on my conference calls. She's not always whinging though, she's generally a talker, always has something to say. She really is the most vocal cat I've ever met.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 11-Jan-18 17:33:55

Harriet Is it wrong I want to see your cat do that act?. She sounds fabulous.

HarrietKettleWasHere Thu 11-Jan-18 17:44:34

Oh, it's amazing Fluffy. She should be an actress, truly. She even collapses and flops her limbs out weakly when it gets very near to the 'end' grin

Tinkofhousepan Thu 11-Jan-18 17:48:58

My small one does this really pathetic little moww when she wants dreamies. It's like she's saying she is 'faint from hunger' eventhough she ignores her dinner so my older cat (who has now claimed ownership of my mother who is now on holiday) stealthily tries to eat two dinners drives me mad. She would live on dreamies if she could!

TracyBeakerSoYeah Thu 11-Jan-18 17:50:56

Our lovely little bundle of fluff likes to walk to the shops with us. (Only a 5 min walk.)
However she waits for us outside the shop & starts yowling if we take too long.
My friend's cat actually walks into the store & has to be removed!

NoBallsHere Thu 11-Jan-18 17:51:06

Constantly, he never shuts up. I think he’s mostly saying FEEEED MEEE

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 11-Jan-18 17:51:22

Ours does the "ever decreasing mew" when we, ahem, shut the bedroom door.

Eventually as I see the headline "cat dies of injuries while owners romp" in my head & we open the door to a cheery "prrp".

Thanks fluffy cat.

NoBallsHere Thu 11-Jan-18 17:51:46

^^ Tracy mine walks the DC to school.
They are quite embarrassed by him doing this every day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now