Talk

Advanced search

Booked into the cattery same day as booster vaccine. Will the cattery accept her?

(5 Posts)
Pinky333777 Thu 21-Dec-17 16:56:56

My cat is booked into a cattery for a few days from Sat.
On browsing her vaccine record I noticed we were supposed to book her in for a booster just under 2 weeks ago 😯
I've called the vet and got her booked asap (Saturday morning)
Do you think the cattery will still accept her okay?
I'm not sure if I should call them or just chance taking her.
All the vaccines will be up to date. I can't find any info on their website regarding any time needing to pass between a vaccine given and being okay to board.

OP’s posts: |
Couchpotato3 Thu 21-Dec-17 17:02:45

Surely best to ring and check? You'd be a bit stuck if they turned you away on the day? I think they would be pretty unreasonable to refuse to take her, but at least you might be able to find an alternative if you know now.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 21-Dec-17 17:03:58

It should be ok. They want up to date vaccs and your providing them.

Miloarmadillo2 Thu 21-Dec-17 17:04:05

If she has previously been vaccinated it should be fine. Just phone the cattery and explain, otherwise you will be stressed about it. On the off chance they have an issue, you have a few days to work something out rather than being on the spot and them refusing. Your vet practice will probably back you up and explain vaccination does not suddenly stop working on day 364. (I'm a vet and would certainly back a client up in that situation)

Pinky333777 Thu 21-Dec-17 17:46:10

Thanks.
We're not away until the following day, so if she's turned away I can prob find someone nice (my mum! 😁) to pop in and feed her xmas day.
We're home boxing day.
Fingers crossed. 😀

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in