Talk

Advanced search

Cat TV!

(25 Posts)
BulletFox Thu 21-Dec-17 10:18:06

I mean this in a figurative sense, but since we recently moved I'm too quiet for my cat! I don't watch TV and don't play music that often.

She likes watching the seagulls (that's her TV at present!) and does a faint miaow from time to time at them.

So what is your cat's 'TV'? I mean what do they like watching?

OP’s posts: |
Fluffycloudland77 Thu 21-Dec-17 10:22:45

You can cat videos on YouTube. Ours loves them.

Otherwise he likes watching the road to make sure no other cats trespass.

BulletFox Thu 21-Dec-17 10:27:20

Fluffy he's on lieutenant duty! Like a guard at Buckingham palace

Kenworthington Thu 21-Dec-17 10:27:37

Mine seems to like league of gentlemen. I know

Toddlerteaplease Thu 21-Dec-17 12:29:18

Fatty loves the Yorkshire vet. The rescue she came from are not impressed by this. As they are from the same area and think that practice is not very good. And they are friends with James Herriot's son. Who apparently isn't very happy about it claiming to be the same practice when it's not. She also likes bake-off!

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 21-Dec-17 12:30:59

One of mine loves jewellery channel

TheSecondOfHerName Thu 21-Dec-17 12:32:24

Channel 1: the goings-on in the house (four teenagers)

Channel 2: watching the birds in the back garden through one of the back windows

Channel 3: watching people walking past the front of the house

Toddlerteaplease Thu 21-Dec-17 12:32:58

Fatty watching bake-off

TheSecondOfHerName Thu 21-Dec-17 12:33:26

Watching Channel 3

Rollypoly100 Thu 21-Dec-17 18:21:57

Watching You Tube bird videos - he loves them!

9GreenBottles Thu 21-Dec-17 20:01:13

Mine love a nature programme grin

9GreenBottles Thu 21-Dec-17 20:05:04

Mine love a nature programme grin

BulletFox Thu 21-Dec-17 20:09:45

Channel 1, 2, 3 grin

You lot are funny.

Mine doesn't have anything to watch at the moment aside from me and seagulls.

I'll put on some music soon and put down a banknote (it's about the only thing she likes playing with. I must congratulate bank of england).

TheSecondOfHerName Thu 21-Dec-17 20:45:57

9GreenBottles what happens when the cats meet the fox without the pane of glass in the middle?

dinksandbinks Thu 21-Dec-17 20:50:29

Mine love Springwatch, in particular Chris Packham. I seriously don’t get it. It started off just watching the squirrels and birds but now they watch the whole show. So I’d go for wildlife videos! (Though probably not the lion and wildebeest type fgrin)

dinksandbinks Thu 21-Dec-17 20:52:04

Ignore the building site in the background!

trinity0097 Thu 21-Dec-17 20:56:01

One of mine apparently visits the playground next door when it’s breaktime at the school! Never seen it myself, but then I am a teacher so never in during a school breaktime!

9GreenBottles Thu 21-Dec-17 21:34:14

@TheSecondOfHerName The cats usually chase the foxes away. Occasionally they just stare them out. There was one fox cub who was a bit more curious and wanted to sniff the cats, but they weren't having any of that.

TheSecondOfHerName Thu 21-Dec-17 21:51:44

A fox run goes diagonally across our garden and there are two tunnels under our shed; I haven't seen any of them for several months but presumably they'll be back at some point.

Our last cat was never bothered by the foxes but M is smaller (less than 3kg). She was allowed outside in her previous home and is already very interested in the garden, so the plan is to start letting her out in a few weeks.

9GreenBottles Thu 21-Dec-17 22:04:27

3kg is tiny compared to my monsters (the heaviest is 7.8kg but he is more like a small dog). I think it's more about temperament than size - both of cat and foxes.

TheSecondOfHerName Thu 21-Dec-17 22:09:58

I think it's more about temperament than size if that's the case then she'll be fine. grin

Doobigetta Thu 21-Dec-17 22:40:23

Mine loves the bird videos on YouTube. It worries me slightly how close she sits to the tv though- her nose literally touches it. It can't be good for her eyes.

TheSecondOfHerName Fri 22-Dec-17 12:45:28

Channel 2 was v.exciting today as a neighbour's cat came into the garden (she is well camouflaged so difficult to spot).

M growled (first time I've ever heard this sound from her).

Visiting cat smelled the M-wee-infused cat litter I'd scattered at the end of the garden and promptly jumped back up on the fence. M looked at me as if to say "Let me out now!" It's too soon for her to go out so I went outside to shoo visiting cat off fence.

When M is allowed out she can handle the negotiations herself.

TheSecondOfHerName Fri 22-Dec-17 12:45:59

Forgot photo

TheSecondOfHerName Fri 22-Dec-17 12:47:24

Visiting cat (black face, beige body) is on the ground slightly left of the shed.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in