Talk

Advanced search

Well I’ve met the new uber dear Cat sitter

(20 Posts)
EachandEveryone Tue 19-Dec-17 19:53:56

She’s very lovely and efficient. She’s 25 years younger than me but talks like she’s a proper grown up unlike me who dithers. Cats loved her and we know mutual veterinary nurses. How many 25 year olds say they don’t mind looking after cats over Xmas? She’s got five on her books in this area.

The only thing is that she’s asked me to give her cash into her bank instead of through the company. What do you reckon. I 100% trust her we know too many mutuals which is weird —I think I used to go out with her uncle he was the love of my life—

OP’s posts: |
thecatneuterer Tue 19-Dec-17 22:41:36

Oh how weird about the uncle thing! I'm not sure about payment. Did you book her through a company? What does the company say about payment?

EachandEveryone Tue 19-Dec-17 22:51:36

The company says it takes 19% and shes charging £85 but then again it wont let me cancel without paying a £25 fine. Im not doing that.

EachandEveryone Wed 20-Dec-17 11:17:39

I’ve paid it. I know too many people she knows. I just wanted it out of the way.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Wed 20-Dec-17 12:13:34

I think it's worth it if you have mutual friends and she's lovely and efficient.

I'm a great believer in first impressions and it sounds as though you got a positive one from her.

EachandEveryone Wed 20-Dec-17 12:43:37

Oh yeah she’s like one of those youngsters off the apprentice —when it was good— very efficient and smart!! Unfortunately she will only be doing Christmas from now on as she’s moved up north

EachandEveryone Wed 20-Dec-17 12:44:12

And she even asked me what sponge I use for the cat dishes blush

Lou573 Wed 20-Dec-17 12:53:49

If it's anything like the one I use the site covers the insurance etc, which is why they take their cut. Up to you if this is important or not.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Wed 20-Dec-17 12:54:30

I liked my cat sitter from the start. She walked in and sat down on the cat blanket before I had a chance to move it and when I apologised wasn't bothered in the slightest!

EachandEveryone Wed 20-Dec-17 13:54:33

What’s the insurance for? I have house and pet. I’m sad already that I won’t beable to use her again mind you £75 is more than enough for four visits!!! Shame she can’t throw some housework in!!

BulletFox Wed 20-Dec-17 13:58:25

Yikes, that IS a lot

PinkSparklyPussyCat Wed 20-Dec-17 14:15:55

My cat sitter charges £18 per day for two visits but Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year would be double. I can’t remember exactly what the insurance is for, presumably third party liability, but I know she has locksmiths insurance.

EachandEveryone Wed 20-Dec-17 14:23:44

Christmas Day not included just Boxing Day

EachandEveryone Fri 22-Dec-17 19:56:14

Oh well she’s sent me a lovely message saying that they are adorable she’s washed their area and fed them and now they are playing. She seems perfect what a shame she’s only doing Xmas from now on. They look happy —it’s only been four hours—

PinkSparklyPussyCat Sat 23-Dec-17 16:57:05

Oh they look happy and relaxed!

What a shame she can only do Christmas, can she recommend someone?

Vinorosso74 Sat 23-Dec-17 17:07:57

They look quite happy. Dolly has got quite a mane on her!

EachandEveryone Sat 23-Dec-17 18:20:54

Yes I’ve just had another text she said not to worry about them staying indoors she is giving them lots of exercise and she has fed the trays outside. She also said she has found my food timer and will set it to feed them on Xmas day incase my neighbour “forgets” to go in Xmas afternoon. I think I love this girl. Dolly even kept still for today’s portrait.

EachandEveryone Sat 23-Dec-17 18:21:29

Strays not trays. Damn she’s worth every penny.

thecatneuterer Sat 23-Dec-17 19:21:01

She does sound great!!

EachandEveryone Sat 23-Dec-17 19:43:27

And the neighbours just text to see if he can go in and watch my sky and play with them!!!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in