Talk

Advanced search

Feel guilty

(4 Posts)
PinkSparklyPussyCat Tue 19-Dec-17 17:44:49

I was driving home at lunchtime and a I saw black and white cat dead in the road. I feel awful for not stopping but it was just over the brow of a motorway bridge with nowhere to stop. Because of the accident I wouldn’t have been able to pick up the cat.

I just feel so guilty I couldn’t let the owner know what happened.

OP’s posts: |
Vinorosso74 Tue 19-Dec-17 18:29:24

That is one of those awful situations but very sadly nothing you can do without getting hurt yourself. It's different on a quieter road. I wonder how the poor cat got on a motorway though?
I saw a dead tortie and white in the summer driving back from my parents on a dual carriageway by the slip road exit and I felt awful too. I emailed the council with a rough location but no idea if owners were ever traced.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Tue 19-Dec-17 19:00:34

Sorry, I should have said it’s the bridge going over the motorway, but it’s a 40mph road and I wouldn’t have been seen by the cars coming over the bridge. Without being too graphic I wouldn’t have been able to just pick the poor thing up. The annoying thing was there were council workers litter picking but the poor thing was still there when I went back later.

RIP little one, sorry I couldn’t help you

OP’s posts: |
Toddlerteaplease Tue 19-Dec-17 21:47:51

I had the same thing I. The summer. Only I was walking home. But I'm very squeamish and just couldn't pick him up. I called the council instead. In the meantime someone did move him. As the owners put a poster up appealing for the person who had taken him to get in touch. I texted them to explain that I called the council. And I wanted them to know that I really cared but just couldn't move him. In some ways I hope they didn't get his body back as he had a severe head injury. Poor thing.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in