Talk

Advanced search

Piddling cat - help!

(5 Posts)
ghostyslovesheets Sat 16-Dec-17 11:23:10

Hi

I have 4 cats - 3 boys and one girl - the youngest boy has been with us for about 16 months - he's an oriental cross tabby thing and a bit of a difficult character - quite vocal, fussy over food, in your face a lot

The other 3 are bog standard moggies - all 4 cats are rescues.

The issue I have is that the young one pee's everywhere and on everything but especially on my DD3's toys - dolls clothes are his fave, on DD2's clothes (she leaves them on the floor) and my bedroom carpet and cushions

He has 2 litter trays (one upstairs one down) which the other cats don't use - they all ask to go out.

He also has access to outdoors all night via my bedroom window which he has always used to come in and out.

I am going to use Feliway and he has a vet apt next week but I'm running out of ideas on how to deal with him - I am not sure if he's stressed in a multi cat home - although, apart from a bit of rough play with our second youngest (girl) they don't tend to fight and bumble along nicely enough. I'm not sure if I should rehome him via the rescue to a quieter home.

I'm at my witts end to be honest - he's so lovely but it's ruining the house (dd3 had to throw out her barbie house recently as he has soaked the ground floor with wee) sad

OP’s posts: |
ghostyslovesheets Sat 16-Dec-17 11:24:23

oh this is him btw - he's very beautiful

YesItsMeIDontCare Sat 16-Dec-17 11:25:28

The very first thing you do is take him to the vets and have him checked thoroughly. Biggest cause of random peeing is a UTI and easily resolved.

YesItsMeIDontCare Sat 16-Dec-17 11:26:34

X-post. Yes he is a beautiful boy smile.

ghostyslovesheets Sat 16-Dec-17 11:26:59

yes he's going on Weds

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in