Talk

Advanced search

The adventures of Newerboy

(1000 Posts)
Lanaorana2 Fri 15-Dec-17 15:01:57

I've got a Siamese cat. He was abandoned by his owner and is living in state - three nests made by neighbours - in our garden. He is absolutely beautiful, aged 11, and a white/cream colour, brown eyes I think. So far we have blinked at each other, me flat on face behind bush in garden.

The lady who feeds him is going away for 6 weeks. She is in a royal state of anxiety so I stepped in. Have been trained to do the feeding, leg massage, etc.

His history is shameful. He has been coming to us for food for ages, finally taken to Battersea, where his so-called owner collected him in 90 minutes. Then left him to starve. So you see I can't not.

Any words of wisdom? I need them.

Lanaorana2 Fri 15-Dec-17 15:05:50

Going out to get more catfood. Must investigate waterproof cat houses, it's raining here.

C - I have been trained to lightly warm his food. This is not a joke.

cozietoesie Fri 15-Dec-17 15:19:02

All of his food? I still only LW Midnight Supper. (Maybe that's where I've gone wrong.......grin)

cozietoesie Fri 15-Dec-17 15:20:12

PS - if he's a Siamese, eyes will be blue. smile

cozietoesie Fri 15-Dec-17 15:40:10

PPS - I should have asked. Does he have .......full Pom-poms?

Lanaorana2 Fri 15-Dec-17 17:02:25

I don't know! Only glimpsed sitting down. Am doing a trial feed at 6, might check out the bauble situation then if I can see in the dark.

Am expecting a post saying Well, the Siamese is so superior a person that his Xmas baubles light up, of course. grin

Having a cuppa and trialling microwaving Sheba. Mr C knows nothing.

dailydance Fri 15-Dec-17 17:05:58

I recommend this outdoor cat house. It has an escape door if another cat/fox tries to attack him

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01F6JKQIU/ref=mp_s_a_1_6/258-0291777-7556749?ie=UTF8&qid=1513357458&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=outdoor+cat+house&dpPl=1&dpID=51bDqcS3Z5L&ref=plSrch

Lanaorana2 Fri 15-Dec-17 17:13:15

Mr C suspects something.

Lanaorana2 Fri 15-Dec-17 17:20:06

Brilliant thanks. I have arranged to go to charity shop tomorrow to pick up blankets, duvets etc we can't sell to stuff his current home with.

This is the big question: is it ok for him to be outside in this weather?

If it isn't, I have a plan. Vet Mr C who is FIV and vulnerable to infection. Vet Newerboy, somehow. Stay awake for 1 week without sleep over Xmas to monitor 'bonding' or otherwise with them both in flat. But flat is teeny, which is something of a hurdle. And I don't want to take Newerboy in and then boot him when weather warms up, cruel.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 15-Dec-17 17:25:49

Mr C will have you in thumbscrews.

Has he been sleeping out in the bad weather?

Lanaorana2 Fri 15-Dec-17 17:44:47

Yes he has.

the mud and the blood was from crawling through the bushes at the back of the garden

there are foxes in the garden.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 15-Dec-17 18:05:16

Oh bugger. There's some cheaper plastic houses on Amazon.

How is Mr C with other cats?

His owner sounds a charmer.

cozietoesie Fri 15-Dec-17 18:06:14

It's just that Siamese are rather......luxury loving (ie roaring fires, dry warm sleeping places, good food, devoted slaves. (OK - Newboy is a bit of an aberration on that last.))

Unless, of course, they have full Pom-Poms. Then, they're only interested, really, in the 3Fs - humans are a bit of a necessary evil/convenience. His sleeping outside made me wonder..........

cozietoesie Fri 15-Dec-17 18:13:50

Has Mr C smelled him on you?

Lanaorana2 Fri 15-Dec-17 18:51:05

He has no pompoms but was de-pommed later in life.

I have achieved the first stroke, lovely. He is a redpoint XSde32

sorry that was Mr C

...Redpoint Siamese, and is v friendly. Thick bushy tail. He has three outdoor beds, I have arranged to keep them dry. Hotwater bottles etc. He screams like a banshee.

One thing... his current feeder also feeds the foxes (yes I know) who hang out in garden. But she is not going to do that any more. Should I be worried? She says Newer and the foxes get along with each other. But will they carry on if they have 0 food?

Lanaorana2 Fri 15-Dec-17 18:52:52

Mr C is giving me the black look even tho I have washed my hands. I tell him He is My Life several times a day, I don't think he's insecure.Yet.

Want2beme Fri 15-Dec-17 19:31:49

It's awful to think of him outside, poor love. Is there an out house you can pop him into?

TheLongRider Fri 15-Dec-17 19:47:18

I'd say the Siamese has the measure of the foxes. My mogs chase the foxes out of my garden and they are not the sharpest tools in the cat box! A Siamese who's been living on his wits should have no issues.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 15-Dec-17 20:22:54

It's probably better to maintain the status quo & keep feeding the foxes.

Polystyrene is very insulating. Its a tricky one as he's technically owned.

How old is the owner?.

Lanaorana2 Fri 15-Dec-17 20:24:10

That is a huge relief to hear Long.

No outhouses. The caretaker, one of the nicest men in the UK, and I are thinking about whether we could find somewhere for him at night but the trouble is all the doors get locked and he might freak out.

Unless we rent him a flat smile

Lanaorana2 Fri 15-Dec-17 20:31:22

The owner, who lets him starve, has a chip on his collar. Thing is, she's been done by Battersea once for neglect I suspect and nowt improved.

Apparently collar also has a tracker but I'm not sure I believe that. More to the point I can't see how one could care. much. He never sleeps at home and is not fed. He loves cuddling. If he needs indoor home ie on sofa with me and Mr C The Angriest Cat in England, he'll get it.

Lanaorana2 Fri 15-Dec-17 20:33:17

I am going to have to feed the sodding foxes, aren't I. There's about 30 of the buggers, they will eat like, well, foxes and keep me and Mr C up all night shagging.

cozietoesie Fri 15-Dec-17 20:35:17

They'll move somewhere else if their food supply disappears. As long as he eats when the food is presented to him, he should be fine. smile

Lanaorana2 Fri 15-Dec-17 21:20:07

You don't think they'll eat him do you??!!

Sorry to be so girly fblush

How is Newboy? Did he eat his tea?

TheLongRider Fri 15-Dec-17 21:26:45

Very unlikely that he'll be gobbled.

I'd like to think he'd make peace with Mr. C and declare a Christmas truce. With cat toys instead of football across No Mog's Land.

This thread is not accepting new messages.