Talk

Advanced search

Like 'owner' like cat??

(21 Posts)
BulletFox Thu 14-Dec-17 00:25:46

Of course we all know that the cats are the true owners.

But it surprised me earlier when a friend said my cat was exactly like me at a picture of her looking...well, frankly...cute but menacing. She said owner like cat. Or cat like owner.

So are you like your cat?? (And yes I'll growl at my friend and pretend to scratch her when I next see her)

BulletFox Thu 14-Dec-17 00:28:06

Apparently I look like this. Thank you, friend.

BulletFox Thu 14-Dec-17 00:35:05

Oh no she's looking at my cigarette in a judgemental way. She freaks me out sometimes.

TheSecondOfHerName Thu 14-Dec-17 09:00:16

The cat who is living with us is tiny, delicate, pretty, adventurous and active.

I'm overweight, lazy, and hate exercise. 😂

The only thing we have in common is we both really like our food and we both have a short attention span unless we become v.interested in something.

YetAnotherSpartacus Thu 14-Dec-17 11:57:25

I'm imagining Ollivander doing zoomies, panicking because she has a leaf stuck to her foot and overgrooming herself ... and I'm imagining Cozie scoffing food and being decidedly antisocial ... Toddlerteaplease being a piece of furry furniture....

BulletFox Thu 14-Dec-17 15:38:53

TheSecond she is indeed tiny and pretty! Ballerina cat!

Actually I don't think I'm as menacing as my cat, we stayed at the neighbours due to electric not getting switched on when we moved at the weekend.

They woke up to a scary cat standing on top of them looking evil and two malevolent green eyes glowing in the dark. They were petrified!

WellWhoKnew Thu 14-Dec-17 15:43:04

I have two cats. One looks like a grumpy old man, but is in fact a very happy soul. The other is a silver fox with all the charm of a crotchety old man.

I am not a man. Nor gray.

Beamur Thu 14-Dec-17 17:00:52

I have 2 cats. My lovely boy Oriental is in fact the cat version of my husband. They both like fine foods, attention on demand, are affectionate yet ultimately self orientated, lean and handsome and enormously fun but a bit clownish.

Weedsnseeds1 Thu 14-Dec-17 22:46:35

Mine is much more sociable than me and probably more fun to be around.
On the other hand, I love food and will try anything from duck tongues to sea cucumber. He eats like a fussy toddler!!

Ollivander84 Sat 16-Dec-17 10:43:31

I possibly overgroom as I love makeup grin but no leaf panic. Or zoomies. I mainly recline on the sofa and shout boo at him every so often which he adores weirdo

Papergirl1968 Sat 16-Dec-17 10:48:30

Fat and lazy. Yep, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree in our case!

YetAnotherSpartacus Sat 16-Dec-17 11:07:54

I possibly overgroom as I love makeup

We'll only start panicking when Ollie has to cart you off to the vet for needle in the bum.

YesItsMeIDontCare Sat 16-Dec-17 11:17:11

Well Leroy is currently snoozing on the bed. He's quite sociable when he's comfortable with you, quite affectionate with a select few (but strictly on his terms and can attack with little warning), likes to hide in a box when things aren't going to his exact specifications...

Yep, the similarities are definitely there! blush

Ollivander84 Sat 16-Dec-17 11:57:46

Well I do have to inject myself once a week. Maybe we are more alike than I thought!

SagelyNodding Sat 16-Dec-17 12:02:03

I do enjoy zoomies!
But I don't shit in random places round the house... Or steal food, or pee in clean laundry like the other cat...

Lily2007 Sat 16-Dec-17 12:03:07

My DS is just like our cat. Both like hiding in boxes, under tables etc. Both very loving to people they really care about but get grumpy with others. Both are very fussy with food and eat the same thing over and over. DS insists he's a dog though called Woofie. fgrin

YetAnotherSpartacus Sat 16-Dec-17 12:13:05

Or steal food

Not even the odd chocolate biscuit, after eight or piece of cheese when no one is looking?

SagelyNodding Sat 16-Dec-17 12:31:16

Lol well, maybe sometimes! But I don't try to drink out of the toilet

YetAnotherSpartacus Sat 16-Dec-17 12:40:39

Now you are just sounding defensive.

threestars Sat 16-Dec-17 20:11:21

Weeeellll, there ARE similarities...

caoraich Sat 16-Dec-17 20:18:50

According to DP I am like both the cats
Freya is exasperated and world-weary though very snuggly
Maisie is cute but annoying at times and bounces around the place like a pogo stick
I am more like Maisie when I'm drunk....

Also we ALL love star wars and lego (see fascination with advent calendaer pictured) grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now