Talk

Advanced search

Just got the ok to get a cat

(12 Posts)
softkittywarmkitty28 Tue 12-Dec-17 22:02:03

Lovely thanks guys

OP’s posts: |
DancesWithOtters Tue 12-Dec-17 21:18:19

Multiple cardboard boxes of different sizes.

They go for a crappy shoe box over a lovely comfy cat bed any day.

The only actual "cat purchase" that he loves is his biscuit tree.

http://www.petsathome.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/pets/catit-senses-cat-food-maze?CAWELAID=120267720000006301&cmmmc=&ito=GAG43970341133&itc=GAC206943665227&itkw=nil&itaexid=&itawnw=search&itawmt=&itadvc=m&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9eH52LKF2AIVz7DtCh1-EwVeEAQYASABEgJhPPDD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Tape or weight it down though. They soon figure out how to headbutt it over to avoid doing the hard work.

DrMadelineMaxwell Tue 12-Dec-17 21:18:16

The rescue centre ,Ightfield want a letter or contact details of you LL so they can verify that you are allowed to have a cat in the premises.

MissConductUS Tue 12-Dec-17 21:17:07

This is the one cat bed that my three absolutely love. I haven't checked to see if it's available on amazon's UK site.

Heated Cat Bed

softkittywarmkitty28 Tue 12-Dec-17 21:14:03

Could put 2 scratch posts somewhere, also handy the house already had a cat flap.
And will post pictures of course!

DeleteOrDecay Tue 12-Dec-17 21:12:32

Sorry for the triple post but i forgot to add, have a couple of scratch posts dotted around the house if you have the room.

DeleteOrDecay Tue 12-Dec-17 21:09:37

Ours used the bed in the beginning but hasn't touched it in months! If you do get one get a cheap one, ours cost £10 (and is a covered/enclosed one which cats apparently like) so I don't mind that he doesn't use it much now.

Also you must post pictures, it's practically the law around here.

DeleteOrDecay Tue 12-Dec-17 21:07:43

We got a kitten earlier this year and it's been lovelysmile

I second good quality food, wet if possible especially if your kitten is Male as dry food has been known to cause liver and kidney issues especially in males. Zooplus is a fab website that stocks all sorts of brands you can't get in the supermarket. I use Grau wet kitten food, it's a bit more expensive than other brands but there are many cheaper options. I started off with Animonda Carny which was also great and better than anything found in the supermarket (imo).

A cat tree was invaluable to us in the beginning, as instead of climbing and clawing all over us he used that instead. Again these can be found fairly cheaply on Zooplus, Amazon can be good for them too. I've seen them in Pets at Home and the prices are extortionate!

Two litter trays if you can especially in the beginning.

Most importantly enjoy him/her. They really grow up so fast. Mine is 8months old now and I can't believe how little he was when we first got him! They grow so quick!

softkittywarmkitty28 Tue 12-Dec-17 20:54:03

Lovely thanks, am going to get a scratch post and litter tray. Have read it's pointless buying a bed

softkittywarmkitty28 Tue 12-Dec-17 20:53:13

Yes it was my cat, it chose a new home and kept going back there so agreed for it to stay there in the end

MissConductUS Tue 12-Dec-17 20:51:07

Were you the one who took care of the cat when you were at teen? You'll need some good cat toys and the best thing you can do for the kitten is to good with a good quality cat/kitten food, even if it's a bit more expensive. What goes into the supermarket brands is a bit scary.

softkittywarmkitty28 Tue 12-Dec-17 19:57:12

Whoop, landlord just okayed it!
Hoping to get a kitten in 3 weeks time. Am waiting as going away for new year. Have just contacted a local cat rescue place.
Haven't had a kitten since I was a teen, what do I need to know?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in