Talk

Advanced search

Xmas gifts

(10 Posts)
Davros Mon 04-Dec-17 19:10:47

I am growing some "cat grass", going to order a new cardboard scratching box and want to get a heated pad. Any opinions on heated pads or other gift ideas?

thecatneuterer Mon 04-Dec-17 21:24:37

Cats love heat pads. The electric ones are the best. Sounds like a lovely cat gift.

Davros Mon 04-Dec-17 21:59:33

Thanks. I assume you mean the plug in ones? I'll have a look at those. It's confusing with microwave and crinkle ones

thecatneuterer Mon 04-Dec-17 22:45:17

Yes that's what I mean. I've just bought a job lot of these

They seem very good.

thecatneuterer Mon 04-Dec-17 22:46:08

That link didn't quite work properly - I mean the top one in the list.

thecatneuterer Mon 04-Dec-17 22:48:25

When buying plug in ones make sure you get them from 'proper' sites, like zooplus and petplanet. They come with all the safety CE marks and such. Avoid the potentially dodgy Chinese stuff from Amazon - you don't want a fire!

Lanaorana2 Mon 04-Dec-17 22:53:02

Mr C spurns the microwave one but loves his heated throw. I have not met a cat who does not like a heated pad.

shouldwestayorshouldwego Mon 04-Dec-17 22:58:29

A ball your children got in a party bag three years ago,
A straw discarded on the floor
A ribbon/cord on your favourite jumper, or just go the whole way and give your jumper to have hair spread all over.
A pen half hidden under a toy box.
The cardboard box which once contained an expensive cat toy.

Ok maybe just my cats, I'd get my hat but they have decided to turn it into a cat bed and I don't think an abandoned cat igloo would look good on me fgrinfgrin.

thecatneuterer Mon 04-Dec-17 23:00:47

Ha ha yes. What is it about cats and hats? It would seem there is nothing that cats like to sit on more - sunhats, woolly hats, baseball caps - all equally irresistible apparently.

Davros Tue 05-Dec-17 00:06:14

Thanks, I shall be ordering the Zooplus one tomorrow. I already get Dr Mewler's food from them. She also likes a straw, hair bands (I know, I'm careful to watch her) and my indoor keep warm clothing item is called my "cat hair cardi"!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: