Talk

Advanced search

Would you buy a used cat tree?

(7 Posts)
Brandbrandbrandy Sat 02-Dec-17 23:32:21

I’m in the process of moving house and taking the opportunity to declutter.

FloofyBrand has always eschewed a very expensive cat tree in favour of cardboard boxes and laps grin

I’m thinking of giving the cat tree to a charity shop rather than chuck it away. But would anyone buy it? I don’t want to lug it all the way there only for it to be refused.

WWYD?

TotemIcePole Sat 02-Dec-17 23:34:33

I would!

The cat rescue centres would also love it, to go in one of the pens.

Brandbrandbrandy Sat 02-Dec-17 23:36:44

Cat rescue centre - That’s a brilliant idea! Should I ring in advance just to check?

TotemIcePole Sat 02-Dec-17 23:43:28

Yes I would, - they would love it, also there may be some smaller ones that you might not know as well.

We have a National.Animal.Welfare Trust here & Cats Protection,

We also have a lady near us, that has a smallholding, full of stray cats. She rehomes them properly, & checks for microchips etc. She has very little money to run it all, bless her.

Im rambling now, but you know what I mean grin

Brandbrandbrandy Sat 02-Dec-17 23:48:06

Thanks so much for your advice Totem!
Where is this centre based? It sounds amazing!

Weedsnseeds1 Sun 03-Dec-17 00:43:41

I gave mine to the rescue centre. It was sat on once, when I bribed him with treats.
Also play tunnel ( rushed through once when bribed with treats)
Also, come to think of it, igloo bed
And cardboard scratchers
And luxury cat bed
And assorted, extortionately priced, wet foods
And many and varied cat treats..

ScreamingValenta Sun 03-Dec-17 00:51:42

I certainly would have done when I got my first cat. It would have saved my spending £££ on a new one which she was not remotely interested in fgrin. Having had this experience, I'd recommend any cat-servant tested the water as cheaply as possible with cat trees - if it floats your cat's boat, you can always buy another new one for your cat to then ignore in favour of the old one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now