Talk

Advanced search

Need a hand hold (or a get a grip slap)

(4 Posts)
jitterbug5 Sat 02-Dec-17 19:11:45

To cut a long story short myself and DH have moved back into my MILs with our 8 week old son for a year to save for a deposit for a house. We've had to do this now before we got stuck in the renting trap. Not at all ideal but we've had no other choice.

Unfortunately MIL has a dog so my lovely cat has had to go and stay with my mum until we buy a house. And I haven't stopped crying since we've dropped him off! I keep thinking he's probably wondering where we are, or wanting to go home, or thinking we've abandoned him sad

He'll be very happy with my mum as she lives in the countryside with loads of fields, other cats and a bigger house. But I feel so guilty I've had to do this and I already miss him so much sad

Someone tell me to get a grip!! Will I feel like this until we get a deposit or is it gonna get easier?!

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 02-Dec-17 19:52:20

He's probably fine, he's met your mum before I presume?.

jitterbug5 Sat 02-Dec-17 20:11:27

@Fluffycloudland77 oh yeah, loads of times! And my Dad. She's sent photos of him asleep on my Dads chair so I know he's ok. I guess it's just the guilt that's bothering me right now blush

Want2beme Sat 02-Dec-17 20:27:30

He might miss you, but I'd say he'll be very happy in his temporary home, being treated like a kingwink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now