Talk

Advanced search

Portia the pissing pussy.. :/

(5 Posts)
StillMedusa Fri 01-Dec-17 21:09:46

I'm starting to really struggle with it. She is 18, in slow kidney failure but steroid shots at the vets are making her feel much better in herself... she is eating a bit , purring, and still demanding attention which is great, BUT her peeing everywhere is getting worse... she has given up bothering to go to her litter tray.

Puddles downstairs I can manage (mostly wood floor or lino) but she has peed under our bed, in DS2s room, on the landing. I am struggling with it. I have even gone part time ( temporarily) at work to try and keep on top of it .

I love her, and I don't want to have her PTS while she still has reasonable quality of life, but I'm not sure how long I can do pee soaked carpets sad

I can't shut her downstairs as it's quite open plan here sad I have tried to keep her out of bedrooms but DS2 doesn't remember to shut doors (he has autism) so she sneaks in.

Any suggestions? What gets cat pee out of carpet properly?! I don't feel that my usual cleaning stuff is really cutting it.

9GreenBottles Sun 03-Dec-17 17:15:28

Have you tried a large dog crate to keep her in when you're not there.

I used to use biological washing powder and an enzyme spray from Pets at Home with my carpets after my elderly cat had accidents on them. I also used a tiny amount of litter to finally no litter and about 6 litter trays around the house as I read that as cats get older the litter hurts their feet.

Good luck flowers

LondonHerbivore32 Wed 06-Dec-17 22:51:58

Try the lemon scented stain and odour remover from Earth Friendly Products. It's amazing, immediately neutralises any cat pee smells and gets the stains out of most fabrics. £11.70 for a pack of 3 on Amazon, so not that cheap, but I wouldn't use anything else now.

StillMedusa Wed 06-Dec-17 22:56:10

Thanks LondonHerbivore32 I'll order some!
I can't crate her... it would be cruelty at her age and as a cat who was a semi feral farm kitten she has come a long way in her life with us.

Today the little sod managed to AIM pee into the bucket I keep tucked under some shelves..she must have actually pulled it out with her paw first! Ignoring her clean litter 2 feet away.... sigh...

cherrycola2004 Wed 06-Dec-17 22:56:50

Premature nappies cut hole for tail. My friend does this for a sprayin ex stud cat he's worn them for years!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now