Talk

Advanced search

DangerCat

(13 Posts)
DancesWithOtters Thu 30-Nov-17 21:15:55

Henceforth that is his name.

This year he's cost a good 4 grand in vet fees (thank god for insurance) and incurred multiple near fatal injuries.

Today is the anniversary of my first cat's death, so this morning I gave DangerCat extra fuss and told him I'm grateful for him.

Got home tonight and he hadn't been home at all even to eat, it was snowing/sleeting and he hasn't eaten. V v unusual. He's only missed meals twice ever and both times it's been because he's been near death and trapped or he's been collapsed with an infection outside. Life 1/9 went on a snow/freezing weather related being lost drama so I started having a bit of a wobble.

He's just come waltzing in after I'd finished a bottle of red and had a cry into his manky blanket.

I know I sound daft, but honestly he is the Steve Irwin of cats.

I'm now drunk and crying on my stupid alive cat. I was thinking fuck, the anniversary of my 2 best boys was going to be the same day.

If you read all of this waffle then thank you. wine

Fucking hell.

StewPots Thu 30-Nov-17 21:31:03

Aww Otters bless you sad sending winethanksyour way and god love your DangerCat grin

DancesWithOtters Thu 30-Nov-17 21:32:24

Thanks Stew.

I've given him a cuddly bollocking.

How's Heidi doing?

TheLongRider Thu 30-Nov-17 21:51:53

Oh the little bollox! I bet he looked at you as if to say, "For fuck sake woman, I was only out with my pals! I knew I'd come home."

Wolfiefan Thu 30-Nov-17 21:55:07

Long grin
What a bugger! Is he grounded? And today of all days. So far my two bloody nightmares are taking it in turn to be shut in garages and empty houses etc. I am waiting for the police to turn up as I wander round the street whistling at neighbour's garages. blush

TheLongRider Thu 30-Nov-17 22:07:41

I swear that some human/cat relationships would not be out of place on the Relationship board here.
We do the "Pick me dance" when they go round all the neighbours.

The cats beat us up, leave scars, refuse to eat what we give them, wander in and out when it pleases them. Cats can leave you feeling woefully inadequate.

In any other circumstance we'd be advised to LTB (Leave The Beast).

DancesWithOtters Thu 30-Nov-17 22:08:27

@Wolfiefan oh no! Are you missing one tonight?

Our last snowy occasion involved half the village, the RSPCA and eventually the fire brigade, so perhaps I'm especially anxious about him. We'd also knocked on all of the new builds and the army base.

@TheLongRider

They're such nightmares. He came in tonight after 16 hours frozen and snowy but not a scratch on him. He'll be the death of me.

I gave him ham and dreamies then told him I might kill him myself. He yawned at me.

StewPots Thu 30-Nov-17 22:41:07

Otters Yeah she's grand thanks smile I've been at work all day, I missed her! But she's had a great time being spoilt rotten by my mum so she's happy grin

Wolfiefan Thu 30-Nov-17 23:25:24

Yawned at you? The bugger.
No tonight the terrible torties are in. They have tormented the dog and are currently murdering each other and tearing up the carpet.
They take it in turns to sneak in places they shouldn't be "go missing" and mad woman here is to be found sneaking round the road whispering sweet kitty nothings into garages.
Here's one I found earlier! Spot the kitty! shock

Toddlerteaplease Fri 01-Dec-17 04:29:43

My friend said he couldn't find his cat last night. Knew she'd be out in his garden somewhere, but I was getting really worried about her. He heard her meowing around midnight so had to get up and let her in. Phew! I'm on nights and couldn't think of anything else. I have no doubt the little madam couldn't care less!

Broken11Girl Fri 01-Dec-17 04:36:27

grin flowers

DancesWithOtters Fri 01-Dec-17 07:55:53

Bloody hell. They do cause some trouble.

Today he's curled up on the bed so hopefully he's having a day off.

BulletFox Fri 01-Dec-17 08:06:34

Oh they can be exasperating at times, can't they.

But yes they do have days off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now