Talk

Advanced search

Why does he hate me?

(5 Posts)
tootiredtobeinspired Wed 29-Nov-17 08:27:53

Help! We got a 2 year old rescue oriental about 6 months ago. He is fairly nervous but settled well and particularly latched on to me and my daughter. However since yesterday he has decided he hates me. I came in from work and he wouldn't come near me, terrified, hiding under the sofa etc. I managed to wrestle him into a carrier to the vets who can't find anything wrong with him (he does have complex health issues in the background - all teeth removed about 2 months ago but vet says this is not the issue now). Brought him home and he will cuddle my daughter but if I even look at him he legs it. What have I done?? sad

Vitalogy Wed 29-Nov-17 08:33:24

Have you changed perfume/fragrance.

tootiredtobeinspired Wed 29-Nov-17 08:37:27

No, I haven't changed anything I can think of. Feel so gutted, it took ages to get him to trust us and he was so lovely and now I can't even get near him. I thought it might be better this morning but he hid under the table and wouldn't come out. Once I was gone he came out sad

shhhfastasleep Wed 29-Nov-17 08:44:17

Keep persevering. Give him the opportunity to play with you - feathery/mousy thing on string. Don't be pissedoff if he doesn't immediately. Jackson Galaxy talks about a challenge line. Ease him over it/encourage him with play and treats.
Look at Jackson Galaxy on YouTube.

Qwebec Sat 02-Dec-17 02:21:19

Don't worry DCat did that for a while with DP: he bumped in her throne one day she was sleeping. It took a few months for her to get completly over it.
Patience, our cat caved through cuddles, she can't resist them, but most cats I know are food and play driven. I second Shhh's suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now