Talk

Advanced search

Advice please re feral kittens.

(4 Posts)
Grumpyoldpersonwithcats Sat 25-Nov-17 12:53:00

Just driving home and spotted two kittens sitting on a verge a couple of miles from where we live. Stopped to investigate but they legged it into undergrowth. (One then reappeared saw me again and legged it again). The verge is narrow and fenced behind. I then found a dead cat on the verge a few yards away. The road is busy and was pretty dangerous for me on foot. Feel dreadful that I couldn't help them, anyone any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
retirednow Sat 25-Nov-17 13:09:51

If the dead cat was their mum then they will not survive. Someone could go back and try and catch them using some food to tempt them out. You must not put yourself at risk though, you could call the RSPCA which would be safer.

thecatneuterer Sat 25-Nov-17 13:19:01

I'm not sure what the risk to you would be but catching them yourself would be almost impossible. RSPCA if they do help will trap and kill them. All feral kittens are put down by them. Cats protection are the best bet. In the meantime you need to leave food there every day or they will die (assuming the dead cat was mum). Where in the country are you?

Grumpyoldpersonwithcats Sat 25-Nov-17 13:40:07

I've spoken to Battersea and they are contacting local agencies who manage ferals. thecatneuterer we have spoken before and I'm west of London - outside your range I'm afraid.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in