Talk

Advanced search

cone of shame has turned my Percy into a statue!

(4 Posts)
lyssie29 Sat 18-Nov-17 21:35:56

He really really doesn't like it. He (possibly) got into a fight with another cat and had to have his paw pad glued bless him and vet said he needs to keep the cone on for a week incase he licks it. He is barely moving with it on. He can't clean himself as he likes and won't lie down properly with it. I dont know if he's being dramatic but he just doesn't seem at all.happy. Anyone have any idea on what else in could try?

Indigo90 Sat 18-Nov-17 22:18:09

Too late to do anything today but you can get soft floppy cones where the fabric folds are what stop them from licking - he might find that more comfortable.

Checklist Sun 19-Nov-17 04:46:29

BoyCat was terrified the first few days - he crawled round with his head down, looking ashamed! He got over it!

MrsKilminster Sun 19-Nov-17 10:16:23

My cat has a cone ATM. I've been taking it off and supervising her so she can give herself a good clean a couple of times a day. As soon as she goes near her wound (front paw) I stop her licking! Seems to work OK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now