Advanced search


(27 Posts)
DancesWithOtters Fri 17-Nov-17 18:44:35

We adopted the sausage 17 months ago. He'd had a shit life, been in a shelter twice, we're his 3rd home and he's only 5.

Tonight DP and I are lying on the sofa with the lights off watching Netflix and drinking prosecco, and cat is snoring away next to us. Every time he snores we look at each other and smile.

He looks so comfy and happy and safe. I'm so glad we found him. smile

OP’s posts: |
Toddlerteaplease Fri 17-Nov-17 20:24:46

I love listening to mine snore.

Toddlerteaplease Fri 17-Nov-17 20:25:52

Even if she sounds like a train. Even better us the sound of them purring and making biscuits on something.

DancesWithOtters Fri 17-Nov-17 20:28:44

If DP wakes me up snoring I huff loudly and kick him about to wake him up.

If cat wakes me up snoring I happily sit awake listening. grin

OP’s posts: |
DancesWithOtters Fri 17-Nov-17 20:31:17

By kick him about I don't mean I beat him obvs, I just nudge and shove and pretend to be asleep when he wakes up asking why I kick him.

I'll happily lie in pain when cat claws are biscuitting my naked flesh.

OP’s posts: |
NC4now Fri 17-Nov-17 20:33:27

My hormones can’t take this! That’s so lovely.
We love our little guy too ❤️

DancesWithOtters Fri 17-Nov-17 20:34:19

@NC4now Tell us about your guy?

OP’s posts: |
Guiltypleasures001 Fri 17-Nov-17 20:35:52

Sorry op no pics then it didn't happen 😉

SweetChickadee Fri 17-Nov-17 20:37:27

we've got a snorer grin. it's v cute...

DancesWithOtters Fri 17-Nov-17 20:39:53

He's just pissed off to his biscuit tree for dreamies, but this is him.

OP’s posts: |
NC4now Fri 17-Nov-17 20:41:04

We’re going through tough times, but he comes and snuggles with us every night. He’s only just turned one but he has stolen our hearts.

NC4now Fri 17-Nov-17 20:42:53

Ohhhhhh @DancesWithOtters he is gorgeous! And he snores! What a love....

DancesWithOtters Fri 17-Nov-17 20:43:15

Aw he looks very contented and comfy.

Sorry you're having touch times. Cats are so comforting though aren't they?

Off topic but I really like your wallpaper.

OP’s posts: |
NC4now Fri 17-Nov-17 20:45:09

He’s the best comfort ever. Thanks 😃 It’s Sanderson swallow. Goes well with the cat!

DancesWithOtters Fri 17-Nov-17 20:48:24

It's really nice wallpaper!

Is he a grey tabby? I hear they're less mad/flighty than ginger tabby cats. He looks very soft and snuggly.

OP’s posts: |
IHaveBrilloHair Fri 17-Nov-17 20:50:34

Awww,I almost cried at this post, that's so lovely.
when mine snore I push them out of bed

DancesWithOtters Fri 17-Nov-17 20:51:15

@IHaveBrilloHair grin

OP’s posts: |
DancesWithOtters Fri 17-Nov-17 20:53:14

I can't kick him out when he's like this, showing the beans.

OP’s posts: |
NC4now Fri 17-Nov-17 21:04:28

He’s super snuggly, like a big teddy bear. 90% of the time, he’s really chilled. He likes to be near me, but not on me, but then the other 10% he forgets he’s a big fat neutered Tomcat and goes back to being a silly, bitey, pouncey kitten.

What’s yours like?

IHaveBrilloHair Fri 17-Nov-17 21:14:10

I would just eat his beany feet, and his snuffly wee nose.

DancesWithOtters Fri 17-Nov-17 21:20:47

Aw yours is a beauty.

Our cat is wonderful but quite feral. He lived first as an un-neutered tom house cat, then his owner died and he was taken into a house with 4 children and 4 show dogs. So neither were ideal. He was neutered at the shelter then we bought him home and they wanted him to have lots of space so he comes and goes as he pleases but he's here every night for a cuddle and dreamies. He's much more cuddly than a year ago.

We don't have children so he's our baby. smile

OP’s posts: |
NC4now Fri 17-Nov-17 21:27:38

I have children who live with us but DH doesn’t have any and we have none together. Dcat is our baby too.
It’s lovely, isn’t it? Yours looks like MrChill 😊

DancesWithOtters Fri 17-Nov-17 21:31:27

He is like our baby. smile

DP comes in from work asking whew his son is. He means the cat of course.

OP’s posts: |
Allergictoironing Fri 17-Nov-17 21:34:14

My ex-feral Boycat, who is scared of almost everything in the world apart from his sister & (mostly) me, snores when he's having his belly rubs on the sofa. He also dribbles & purrs at the same time. Sign of total relaxation & contentment smile [heart]

DancesWithOtters Fri 17-Nov-17 21:42:54

@Allergictoironing any snuggly photos? smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in