Talk

Advanced search

Run in with neighbour about my cat

(15 Posts)
ny20005 Mon 13-Nov-17 21:14:57

Bit of background - this is a neighbour who I’d never met or spoken too till we got a cat. He appears to be a cat lover & has 3 very spoiled cats of his own.

We got ours about 8 1/2 years ago when he was a kitten & he let mine into his house & fed him with his own cats

We’ve had a handful of issues over the years with him bringing my Cat home but it’s always been polite

Last night, he comes to my door (smelling of booze) & saying that I’ve been neglecting my cat & he spends all his time at his house & he’s costing them a fortune in food. Told me that I should get a cat flap as my cat is out in all weathers & comes to him wet & cold.

I was polite & told him that my cat is far from neglected & is in fact doing what cats do & is playing him as he gets fed twice !

I told him to stop letting my cat into his house & stop feeding him. I was bloody raging !! I’ve not let the cat go out at all today cos I know he’ll go straight there but I don’t want to keep him in - he loves going out

Neverexpected2 Mon 13-Nov-17 21:19:50

He's being a dick. Unless the cat is holding a gun to his head he could just not feed it. Cats will always try it on 're getting more food and he's a fool to fall for it. Ignore him

thecatneuterer Mon 13-Nov-17 23:03:42

Yes he is being a dick and you're right he shouldn't be feeding your cat, but he probably does have a point about a cat flap.

TatterdemalionAspie Mon 13-Nov-17 23:14:58

Do you have a cat flap? If not, why not?

ny20005 Tue 14-Nov-17 07:08:53

I don’t have a cat flap as I’ve never needed one. We’re not out all day & dh is self employed & works from home a lot. There’s only very small periods of time that the cat couldn’t get in - he can get into our shed though so has shelter

Incidentally the neighbour doesn’t have a cat flap either - I checked last night when walking the dog 🙄

shouldwestayorshouldwego Tue 14-Nov-17 07:22:50

It sounds as if the cat has chosen a new slave. If he doesn't want the job then he needs to return the cat every time.

OhWhatFuckeryIsThisNow Tue 14-Nov-17 07:32:44

Put this up.

ny20005 Tue 14-Nov-17 07:33:58

I don’t want him coming to know door with the cat every time - I just want him to stop letting my cat in to his house & feeding him

I let him out before I left this morning so we’ll see what happens today 😬

ny20005 Tue 14-Nov-17 07:35:38

Love it 🤣 might have to get one 🤣🤣🤣

PurplePillowCase Tue 14-Nov-17 07:48:38

you (and your neighbour) need to cat proof your gardens.
problem solved.

flumpybear Tue 14-Nov-17 07:56:50

Send him a copy of the book ‘six dinners Sid’ ....

Happyemoji Tue 14-Nov-17 08:05:36

It's not your fault he sounds unhinged and incapable of setting boundaries. I would never feed someone else's animal.

ny20005 Tue 14-Nov-17 08:47:21

How do you Cat proof a garden ????

CruzRamirez Tue 14-Nov-17 09:26:48

I think it involves making your garden look like a prison yard. I wouldn't.

He's been happily feeling him for almost a decade and suddenly has a rant? He was probably just pissed. I'd go and have a sober chat with him.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Tue 14-Nov-17 11:20:10

We’ve got netting attached to the fences to cat proof our garden. I’m really pleased we did it as it means I know where he is. Have a look at Securacat or Protect a Puss.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: