Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Advice on tempting cat home?

(9 Posts)
Whatamuddleduck Thu 09-Nov-17 16:00:47

We have two lovely cats. Mr who is a massive tom who is ultra friendly and Missy, his sister who is very timid, loves hunting, will sneak into the bed for a cuddle but otherwise runs away from humans. We have had them for about 2.5 years. Except rescue cats.

They potter in and out at will but both come for tea when their bowls are bashed together every evening.

Missy was last seen in the house on Monday morning, she didn't come in for tea tues night, although there were new muddy footprints in the house following morning. Probably her as Mr hates mud. Didn't come for tea last (weds) night and we left the cat flap on in only so know she didn't come home at all.
This morning DP is sure he saw her jump the stream at the bottom of the garden and run away. Relieved he has seen her ( she's very distinctive as looks like a mini Norwegian forest cat and there are no other long hairs locally).

I was out last night, this morning and this afternoon banging bowls and calling her. Usually she would come but haven't seen any sign of her.

Anyone any ideas about why she suddenly isn't coming home? Nothing's changed here since Monday. Same food is on offer etc.
Really miss my cat!

Think I'll speak to the neighbours tomorrow and ask them all to keep an eye out. At least if other people see her we will know she's ok. Really worried she injured or ill.

thecatneuterer Thu 09-Nov-17 18:28:35

It is a worry. I would ask neighbours to check anywhere where she might have got herself locked in such as garages, sheds and outbuildings. Is any construction work going on near you?

Want2beme Thu 09-Nov-17 20:11:44

Do you think one of your neighbours has taken a liking to her & she's inside somewhere? Is there something new at home that's making her stressed? Just trying to think of what's making her leave. I can only imagine that she's stressed at home for some reason? Hope she comes back to you soon. You must be very worried.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 09-Nov-17 22:10:14

You could put it on Facebook spotted too.

Have you walked around at night calling her?.

Is she chipped?.

Whatamuddleduck Fri 10-Nov-17 06:23:08

Hi all.
I'm going to get some leaflets printed today and pop them through people's doors asking them to keep an eye out.
Yes she's chipped and info is up to date.
She's really timid so I'd be so surprised if she's in someone else's house, she's also really attached to her brother and usually comes to sit on him at some point in the night or to get in bed with me.

DP is sure it was her he saw yesterday but although we have both been out calling her last night and this morning, we couldn't see her. She's so timid though that she normally only comes to chat in our own garden.
I can only think that something has freaked her out but I can't think of anything. No construction locally.
We live in a rural village. There is a path and stream that runs behind our house with a small housing estate on the other side. She spends a lot of time hunting by the stream and other gardens. At first we thought she must have got stuck somewhere but the DP saw her.

Just so worried for her with it being cold but other than going looking and asks by neighbours to keep an eye out I can't think of anything else. We tried leaving food out on the shed room last night (it's part of her path in and out of the garden) but I suspect her brother ate it.

Whatamuddleduck Fri 10-Nov-17 16:35:04

She's home! The leafleting worked. For some reason she had got confused and kept going into the house 2 doors up. Lovely neighbour had given her some food but kept finding her under her sofa. Back home now with the cat flap firmly shut!

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 10-Nov-17 16:47:45

Oh well done!.

You must be so happy.

Whatamuddleduck Fri 10-Nov-17 19:58:29

So relieved. She doesn't seem quite right but is now curled up on the bed with her brother. She keeps walking around the house shouting. Off to the vet tomorrow for a check up. Wonder if she's hit her head or done such.

thecatneuterer Fri 10-Nov-17 20:02:20

Oh what a relief. It sounds as though the vet would be a good idea though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now