Talk

Advanced search

My cats a bully

(6 Posts)
Mulch Wed 08-Nov-17 17:53:12

Bit of background I'm her 4th owner. No idea about first, second was my mums awful neighbour who locked her out all day let her in just to throw her out again and then was going to give her to rspca. My mum took her in officially she used to come in anways but she bullied all the other animals dogs included so came to myself. I'm a life long dog owner so was amazed at Litter training, showed it her and that was it. Lived somewhere that had plenty of room for all the neighbours cats to not cross paths, life was good. I've now moved to a terrace, opened my back door and there was 4 Cats just chilling peacefully. Literally everyone has a cat which is fine by me, some are really friendly and will try and say hello or come in but scouts not having it one little bit. She chases all the other cats away, is very vocal and has started peeing everywhere. I heard this scoot scoot sound coming from the bathroom and there she was peeing on my little mans towel, by the front door, by the back door and a cupboard. I've started confining her to the one room with her Litter tray. Anyone any idea how to manage cat aggression? I think it's fear based, she'll chase off a cat then run back in and hide. Has those plug ins worked for anyone?

BrokeAndBad Wed 08-Nov-17 18:45:35

Feliway plug-in x

Mulch Wed 08-Nov-17 19:16:55

Have you tried one? Did you see much difference?

Want2beme Wed 08-Nov-17 20:17:48

One of my cats is a bully. Doesn't let any intruders enter her territory. She's confined to the kitchen as she bullies my other indoor cat. If she does manage to force her way past the kitchen, she sprays. She's not nervous, just a toughy. I might try a Feliway plug-in. I used them before with my cats I had before, but they didn't really have any affect.

Mulch Wed 08-Nov-17 21:40:18

I'm going to give it a go, would like another cat in the future but would have to keep them separate like yourself

reetgood Wed 08-Nov-17 21:45:46

Not so much a bully as anxious.Cats are super territorial and some more so than others. I have one who pees when stressed. Feliway, microchip catflap and a litter tray inside worked together to reduce peeing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: